Jiffy Cornbread Waffles
Aug 08, 2023, Updated Aug 28, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy cornbread waffles made with Jiffy corn mix can be served as a savory or sweet dish. This simple recipe can be made with pantry staples in minutes and the waffles are perfect for a fun meal.
Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, these cornbread waffles can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Corn mix doesn’t have to be for just cornbread. The cornmeal in the mix gives these waffles a delicious texture and flavor that pairs well with both savory and sweet.
You can use any type of waffle maker for this recipe. I am using a Dash mini waffle maker in the pictures but you can use what you have in your kitchen.
- Corn muffin mix – I am using Jiffy corn muffin mix but you can use your favorite mix.
- Milk – 2% or whole milk work well for this recipe.
- Egg – Helps bind the batter together.
- Sugar – This adds a little touch of sweetness. Feel free to omit the sugar.
- Butter – Melted butter gives these waffles a rich flavor. Can be substituted with vegetable oil.
How to make cornbread waffles
Step one: Preheat the waffle maker.
Step two: Pour Jiffy corn mix in a large bowl. Add in milk, sugar, and egg. Whisk to combine. Stir in the melted butter.
Step three: Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in waffle batter and close lid.
Step four: Cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you are using a mini waffle maker, 1/4 cup batter works well. This will make about 8 mini waffles.
- Make sure to grease the waffle maker. You can use non-stick cooking spray or brush the iron with melted butter.
- Making multiple waffles? Let them rest on a wire rack to keep them crispy. You can also place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees F to keep them warm until ready to serve.
How to store leftovers
Store: Let the leftovers cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the toaster, oven, or air fryer.
Freeze: These will freeze well. Let them cool and then place them on a baking sheet in the freezer for about an hour. Once they are frozen, place them in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
How to serve cornbread waffles
There are so many ways to serve these tasty waffles. Simple cinnamon butter, jam, honey, or maple syrup and all wonderful. We also love topping the waffles with things like:
- Pulled pork – Shredded pulled pork with BBQ sauce.
- Chili – Use your favorite homemade chili recipe, sour cream, cheese, and green onion.
- Eggs – Fried egg, poached egg, or scrambled egg, they are all great toppers.
- Chicken tenders – Make delicious chicken and waffles.
More waffle recipes
- Waffles made with Bisquick – Learn how to make waffles with Bisquick mix.
- Waffles made with cake mix – Easy waffles with cake mix.
- Frozen waffles in the air fryer– How to cook frozen waffles in the air fryer.
- Frozen waffle fries in the air fryer – How to make waffle fries in the air fryer.
Cornbread Waffles Recipe
- 1 waffle maker
- 1 box Jiffy corn mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Pour Jiffy corn mix in a large bowl. Add in milk, sugar, and egg. Whisk to combine. Stir in the melted butter.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in waffle batter and close lid. Cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.