Frozen Bubba burgers in the air fryer are a great weeknight dinner idea. Juicy, flavorful burgers can be made from start to finish in about 15 minutes.
Forget the fast food drive-thru, you can cook a juicy burger in the matter of minutes with the help of an air fryer.
While we do love making a fresh ground beef hamburger in the air fryer, the convenience of a frozen burger can’t be beat. No need to thaw, these are ready to cook right out of the freezer.
What are Bubba Burgers?
Bubba burgers are frozen hamburgers that are ready to cook and made with no artificial ingredients. They come in a variety of protein like 100% USDA choice chuck beef, turkey, even veggie.
Why this works
- Easy – Making frozen burgers in the air fryer is so fast and an easy meal. They don’t need to thaw and can be cooked in about 10 minutes with just the press of a few buttons.
- Family favorite – Flavorful hamburgers are a great weeknight dinner idea that the whole family will enjoy.
- Simple cleanup – One great feature of using an air fryer is the easy cleanup. If you add a piece of foil to the bottom of the air fryer basket it makes cleaning even easier by catching the grease.
What you need
Frozen Bubba Burgers – I am using the original beef Bubba burger brand for this recipe but any of your favorite frozen burgers will work in the air fryer.
Air Fryer – You can use a basket or air fryer oven style. I am using a Cosori air fryer.
How do you cook frozen Bubba Burgers in air fryer?
Step one: Place frozen hamburger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer. I can fit 2 large patties.
Step two: Cook them at 370 degrees F for 6 minutes. Next, flip them over and cook another 4-6 minutes depending on how done you like your hamburger.
Step three: You can add cheese at this point or carefully remove and serve hot.
Best time and temperature to cook frozen burgers in the air fryer.
This answer to cooking time will depend on the thickness of the burgers and also the air fryer. If cooked at 370 degrees F, you will need anywhere from 9-15 minutes. I like to check mine with a meat thermometer. I would say the average frozen burger patty will take 10 minutes to cook.
Rare Burger – 8-10 minutes at 370 degrees F with internal temperature of 120 degrees F.
Medium – 10-12 minutes at 370 degrees F with internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
Well Done – 12-15 minutes at 370 degrees F with internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
When to add cheese
If you would like to make a cheeseburger, simply lay a slice of cheese on top of the burger once it’s finished cooking. Place the air fryer basket back inside the air fryer and let it sit for 30-45 seconds. The cheese should melt and be ready to serve.
How to serve air fryer Bubba Burgers
These frozen burgers make a fast and easy meal. For extra flavor try topping with seasoning like Montreal steak seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder, or this delicious burger seasoning after they finished cooking.
The hamburgers can be served on a bun, roll, or even in a lettuce wrap for a low-carb option. Don’t forget to add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, and of course a delicious sauce.
Some favorite hamburger side dishes are:
- Like mentioned above, cook time may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the burger and your air fryer. I recommend testing at 8 minutes if you like rare, and 10 minutes if you like medium.
- Flip the burgers halfway through cooking to help even cooking.
How to store leftovers
Store: Let the burgers come to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat hamburgers in the air fryer at 370 degrees F for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Why is my air fryer smoking?
Sometimes when cooking fatty foods, like bacon, in the air fryer can cause smoke. This happens because the fat drips into the basket. To help prevent the air fryer from smoking, place a piece of bread at the very bottom of the basket. It will help to absorb the drippings.
More air fryer frozen foods
Did you try this recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
Bubba Burger In Air Fryer
- 2 frozen Bubba Burgers
- Place frozen hamburger patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook them at 370 degrees F for 6 minutes. Next, flip them over and cook another 4-6 minutes depending on how done you like your hamburger.
- Carefully remove and serve warm.
Leave a Reply