Velveeta Sausage Dip
Nov 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Velveeta sausage dip recipe is a classic. If you need a sausage dip that can be made in under 30 minutes and your guests will absolutely love, this appetizer is for you. Perfect to serve at a party, game day, or as a tasty snack.
Why you should make this tasty dip
Simple – This easy appetizer requires just three ingredients and can be made in about 10 minutes.
Flavorful – Packed full of great flavor and spice, if you like this be sure to try this similar beer cheese and sausage dip recipe.
Ingredients needed for Rotel dip
This easy dip recipe calls for just three simple ingredients.
- Sausage – I like using hot, spicy breakfast pork sausage. You can substitute with original breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, or even ground beef.
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies – One can of Orginial Rotel tomatoes is needed. If you don’t like spice, replace with a can of petite diced tomatoes.
- Velveeta Cheese– A smooth, mild cheese that is the key to this delicious dip. You can also try substituting with Velveeta Jalapeno or Velveeta Queso Blanco.
How to make Velveeta sausage dip
Step one: Start by cooking and browning sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
Step two: Once sausage is browned, add cubed Velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Stir to melt the cheese.
Step three: Once the cheese has melted, pour dip into a serving dish or a slow cooker if you need to keep warm for a party.
Tips for the best sausage dip
Sausage – Try and remove any excess grease from the sausage. This will help prevent the dip from being runny. You can also use half the amount of sausage if you prefer a more cheesy dip.
Cheese – Cut the Velveeta into cubes. This will help it melt faster and prevents burning.
Cooking method – This dip can also be prepared in the microwave or the slow cooker.
Additions: Try topping with diced green onion for a little color. You could also add in diced bell peppers to the mixture.
Want it even spicier? Stir in a few splashes of hot sauce.
Like more protein? Top with crumbled, cooked bacon.
What to serve with Velveeta cheese dip
This hot dip is good enough to eat with a spoon but here are a few suggestions on what to serve with this cheese dip.
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Cut up vegetables like carrots, peppers, celery
- Pretzel Bites
More ways to serve:
- Try serving this dip over a baked potato for a delicious and easy dinner.
- Stir dip into cooked pasta for a full meal.
- This is perfect over nachos and top with favorite toppings like lettuce, sour cream, and guacamole.
How to store leftover cheese dip
Store: When you are ready to store leftovers, let the dip cool and then place in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheat: To reheat, place dip in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 3-4 minutes and stir. You can also place in a slow cooker on warm.
How to keep Velveeta cheese dip from hardening
The key to keeping this dip creamy is to serve it from a small crockpot. This helps keep it warm and smooth.
More delicious dip recipes
Velveeta Sausage Dip
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- Start by cooking and browning sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once sausage is browned, add cubed Velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Stir to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted, pour dip into a serving dish or a slow cooker if you need to keep warm for a party.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.