Dec 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These strawberry muffins are full of fresh strawberry flavor. This strawberry muffin recipe is easy to make, moist, and so delicious. A must bake, especially during strawberry season.
Why you should make these fresh strawberry muffins
- Delicious muffins packed with fresh, juicy berries. The perfect way to use fresh berries.
- A simple strawberry muffin recipe that comes together fast and only take about 20 minutes to bake.
- Make these muffins ahead of time for busy mornings.
- A fun change from typical blueberry muffins, banana muffins, and chocolate chip muffins.
Fresh strawberries – This recipe is perfect to use your fresh strawberries. Make sure to clean and pat them dry before chopping.
Flour – All-purpose flour is used for this recipe.
Baking powder – Used to help the muffins rise and be light and fluffy.
Eggs – 2 large eggs are needed.
Sugar – Granulated white sugar to add sweetness to the muffins.
Oil – Vegetable oil is used.
Milk – You can use whole or 2% milk.
Vanilla – Real vanilla or vanilla extract work for this recipe.
Salt – A pinch of salt balances out the sweetness.
Cinnamon – This is an optional ingredient but adds a bit of “warm” flavor.
Turbinado Sugar – Another optional ingredient. This sugar adds a little sweetness and crunch to the muffins.
How to make strawberry muffins
Step one: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray. You can also spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Step two: Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Step three: Make a little well in the center of the flour mixture. Add in the wet ingredients, egg, milk, vanilla, and oil. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
Step four: Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Fill the muffin cups with muffin batter about 3/4 of the way full. If you are adding the turbinado sugar, top the muffin mixture with a sprinkle of the sugar.
Step five: Place muffin tin in preheated oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or the tops start to turn a light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack.
- Make sure to dice the strawberries small, no bigger than 1/2-inch.
- I recommend spraying the paper muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray to help the muffins release once baked.
- Be sure not to over mix the mixture so they don’t become tough.
How to store strawberry muffins
Store: Make sure to let the muffins cool before storing. These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. They do not need to be refrigerated.
Freeze: Place cooled muffins on a baking sheet in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Once frozen, place them in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Yes, these can easily be made into mini muffins. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Spoon batter into each mini muffin cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Fresh strawberries work best, especially since most store bought frozen strawberries are either whole or sliced, not diced. This recipe has only been tested using fresh strawberries.
Yes! You could add cinnamon and granulated sugar, a mixture of butter, cinnamon, sugar, and flour, to make more of a crumble topping. Or even add some nuts if that’s what you prefer. You can even mix in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
You can cut the ingredients in half for a smaller batch of 8-9 muffins.
More breakfast recipes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and line a muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray or don't use liners and spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl and stir well.
- Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk or stir well, making sure all ingredients are mixed in and combined.
- Fold in the diced strawberries, fill the muffin tins with batter ¾ of the way up.
- Optional – Sprinkle the raw or turbinado sugar in the middle on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, and allow to cool before enjoying!
- These muffins will last in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- These muffins would also taste great with a simple vanilla icing, using powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.