Breakfast just got a lot better with this orange roll holiday monkey bread. Orange rolls tossed in orange sugar and baked in butter and brown sugar and then topped with a delicious orange frosting.
Cinnamon rolls or orange rolls? Isn’t that the question everyone asks every Saturday morning? I kid, but I am an orange roll kinda gal. I love that sweet orange flavor mixed with a little taste of cinnamon. Not to mention the orange powdered sugar icing…I could eat it all in one sitting!
For Christmas this year I have decided I am going to up my breakfast game and make this orange roll holiday monkey bread. Orange rolls are my daughter’s favorite too so I know she will be happy to help me eat this Christmas day. Santa will wish he had stuck around to try some of these sticky sweet rolls.
HOW TO MAKE MONKEY BREAD
- I used canned orange rolls and cut them into quarters for this bread.
- Toss the pieces in a bowl with sugar and orange zest and make sure to get them all nice and coated.
- Mix in a few candied cherries for festive fun and then add rolls in a bundt pan.
- Melt some butter and brown sugar and pour over top the rolls. Pop in the oven and then get ready for some of the tastiest breakfast/dessert!
- Invert the bundt pan on a serving dish and top with a powdered sugar frosting.
- This recipe can be made using cinnamon rolls instead but I really do enjoy the orange rolls as a little something different.
- If cherries aren’t your thing, leave them out.
- Let the monkey bread cool slightly before adding the frosting.
If you made this holiday monkey bread, please give it a rating below.
Orange Roll holiday monkey bread
Holiday Monkey Bread made with Orange Rolls
- 3 cans orange rolls you could also use cinnamon rolls
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup diced red and green cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and orange zest.
- Cut rolls into quarters.
- Place rolls into bowl and coat each piece with sugar. Toss in diced cherries.
- Put roll pieces bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and stir in brown sugar until just combined.
- Pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool on wire rack for approximately 10 minutes then turn on cake plate.
- For the frosting, in a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla.
- Drizzle over cake and top with a few cherries.
- You can typically find the red and green cherries with holiday food in the baking aisle.
- If you don't like orange rolls this can be made with cinnamon rolls.