Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza is sure to be a hit! No need for take-out, this pizza is easy to make at home.
Sheet pan BBQ chicken pizza is one of my favorite dinners and so much better then ordering from the local pizza place. This sheet pan pizza is also great to serve at a party. The Superbowl is coming up and this would be perfect to make for a hungry crowd of football fans. I will also be making a few of my other party food go-to’s like Sausage and Beer Cheese Dip and Sausage Balls.
For this pizza I used a store bought crust from my grocery store bakery. Make sure to let it sit out of the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes. Roll it out on a floured surface to fit the baking sheet. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise another 30 minutes. This allows you to stretch it out a little more to fit the pan.
I used chopped rotisserie chicken but grilled chicken is also really tasty on this pizza. Make sure to dice up the pineapple and onion on the small side to make it easier to eat.
Other Pizza Topping Ideas:
- The old standard, pepperoni and cheese.
- Substitute marinara sauce and add veggies.
- Substitute ham for the chicken and make a Hawaiian pizza.
- One of my husband’s favorites, marinara, meatball and red onion.
Want more easy chicken dinners?
- Baked Honey Garlic Turmeric Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Chicken Cakes
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread olive oil over the bottom of rimmed baking sheet. I used 18x13. Roll out dough and transfer to baking sheet. Form a crust around edges, cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Uncover dough and using a fork, poke holes in the crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top crust with BBQ sauce, chicken, then cheese, pineapple and onion.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve.