Easy Pork Chop Marinade
Jan 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
All you need are a few simple ingredients to make this incredible pork chop marinade. Use this marinade to make the juiciest, most delicious pork chops ever.
Why you should try this easy pork chop marinade
- Flavor – Marinating your pork chops is an easy way to add delicious flavor and help to tenderize them.
- Simple – This homemade marinade uses a few pantry staples that you probably already have in your kitchen. No need for the prepackaged marinades that are full of preservatives.
Pork chop marinade ingredients needed
- Pork chops – This isn’t part of the marinade but what the marinade will be used on. You can use bone-in pork chops or boneless pork chops. It could even be used for a pork tenderloin.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is used to help prevent the chops from sticking to a pan or grill when cooking.
- Soy sauce – Soy sauce helps to give a salty, umami flavor. It acts as a brine and really give the pork that juicy quality.
- Worcestershire sauce – Another layer of delicious flavor.
- Brown sugar – Gives the marinade a bit of sweet flavor. A nice balance to the salty soy sauce.
- Dijon mustard – Mustard gives a little tang to the marinade. You can substitute with brown mustard or even honey mustard.
- Garlic – Minced garlic is needed for this recipe.
- Ground black pepper – Adds a hint of spice.
How to make the best pork chop marinade recipe
Step one: Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together to combine the ingredients.
Step two: When you are ready to marinate, place the pork chops in a gallon size Zip-Loc bag or an airtight container. Pour marinade over the pork chops and then close the bag or cover the container.
Step three: Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to overnight.
Step four: Cook your pork chops using your favorite cooking method. I am using an indoor grill pan.
Tips for marinating
- Be careful not to over marinate. After 12 hours the meat can start breaking down.
- Let the pork chops come to room temperature before cooking. This helps cook them evenly.
- If you like a smokier, BBQ flavor, add a drop or two of liquid smoke.
- If you like fresh herbs, try adding in a little fresh rosemary and thyme to the marinade.
- You can easily double the ingredients if you are cooking more than 4 chops or if they are large.
- Make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Use can use an instant-read thermometer to check.
How long should you marinate pork chops?
Pork chops are best if they can marinate for 6-8 hours so that they soak up the flavors and tenderize. I find that even if you can let them marinate for an hour, it still packs in the flavor.
Thick pork chops can stay in the marinade for a little longer, up to 12 hours. Super thin pork chops can stay in for a shorter amount of time.
Can you freeze marinated pork chops?
Freeze: Yes, you can easily freeze them. Place the pork chops with the marinade in a freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
Store: You can make this pork marinade ahead of time and store in an airtight container or jar before using. Make sure to give it a stir before pouring over the chops.
What to serve with marinated pork chops
Pork chops pair well with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few favorites:
What is the best way to tenderize pork chops?
Marinating pork chops is a great way to tenderize them. You could also use a meat tenderizer if you really want them tender.
More pork recipes
Did you try this easy marinade recipe? Let me know in the comments.
Pork Chop Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops bone-in or boneless
- Place the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Stir in minced garlic.
- Put pork chops in a large, gallon sized zip top bag or a small casserole dish. Pour marinade over pork chops. Close the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Place the pork chops in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Cook the pork chops using favorite method like baking, grilling, or air fryer.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.