Mojito sweet tea is a refreshing, low calorie drink to serve your guests. A tasty twist on iced tea with lime and mint that will have you asking for a refill.
Thank you Southern Breeze for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Growing up and living in the south, sweet tea has been a part of my life since I can remember. It’s a staple in most households and a sign of hospitality to offer a glass to visitors and guests.
My husband loves to grill when the weather starts warming outside. We often have friends and family over for barbeques during the summer months. Hanging out in the back yard, letting the kids play and just enjoying visiting with everyone is one of our favorite summer past times.
Having a refreshing drink to serve my guests is important. This mojito sweet tea has quickly become a favorite that people request when they are over. It is a fun, low calorie drink that is easy to make. The key and star ingredient is Southern Breeze Cold Brew Tea.
Southern Breeze Cold Brew Tea is a single-serve, pre-sweetened tea that has zero calories. The tea is individually bagged for cold brewing. Perfect to enjoy a cold glass at home or on the go. Southern Breeze is passionate about sweet tea tradition and it shows in every glass. It is available in Original, Raspberry, Half & Half and Peach flavor.
All of the zero calorie Southern Breeze products (cold brew and family size tea bags) are available on: https://southernbreezesweettea.com/collections. They are all delicious so it’s hard to pick a favorite!
If you have never had the pleasure of trying Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, they are offering free shipping for first time purchasers on the Southern Breeze website using promo code: SOUTHERNBREEZE
How to make Mojito Sweet Tea
Southern Breeze Cold Brew Tea is so easy to make! Pour 8 ounces of cold water over 1 tea bag. Let steep for 5 minutes, remove the bag and pour over ice.
- To add a Mojito twist to this tea, add one mint leaf in the glass with the Original Cold Brew Tea bag and water while it steeps. This adds a little mint flavor to the drink.
- Remove the tea bag and discard. Squeeze half of a fresh lime into a tall glass or Mason jar. Add a few fresh mint leaves and ice.
- Pour brewed tea over ice and then top with a splash of sparkling water or club soda for some mojito bubbles. (Feel free to omit the sparkling water if you don’t want bubbles.)
- If you would like to get a little fancy, try freezing some lime slices and add them to the drink. This helps to keep the tea cold during the hot summer days.
- I use the Original cold brew for this recipe but it would work well with the Half & Half brew.
This mojito sweet tea would be great served with grilled peach bbq ribs or these chicken skewers. The best part is this Southern Breeze is calorie free and guilt free so you can enjoy glass after glass. Great news for swimsuit season! 🙂
SUMMER KICK OFF GIVEAWAY
Southern Breeze is kicking off the summer by giving away a Summer Kick Off Kit! The kit includes:
- Full line up of cold brew
- Backyard bag toss game
- Serving tray
- 4 mason jars
For a chance to win click HERE.
Be sure to let me know in the comments if you give this tasty drink a try. I am craving a sip now! Don’t forget to enter to win the Summer Kick Off Kit filled with everything to get your backyard BBQ started.
Mojito Sweet Tea
- 1 tea bag Southern Breeze Cold Brew Tea Original
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 lime
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sparkling water or club soda
- In a glass add 1 mint leaf, tea bag and 1 cup cold water.
- Let steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bag.
- Fill a glass or Mason jar with ice. Squeeze in juice of half of a lime. Add in remaining mint leaves. Pour brewed tea over ice.
- Top with splash of sparkling water or club soda. Give the drink a gentle stir.