Kung Pao Chicken Skewers filled with chicken, peppers, onions and pineapple, coated in Kung Pao sauce – Asian cuisine made simple.
Kung Pao Chicken Skewers are a simple to make, bursting with flavor dinner.
On one of my weekly, ok daily, trips to Walmart, I was so excited when I spotted the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces. They come in Teriyaki, Kung Pao, and Sesame! I had to call my mom while I was standing in the aisle and tell her about them. We are always looking for ways to make quick and flavorful dinners.
What is Kung Pao Chicken
A classic Chinese dish that originated in the Sichaun Province. It’s a spicy, stir fried dish with peanuts and vegetables.
These skewers are easy enough for an Asian inspired weeknight dinner but would also be a huge hit at your next BBQ. You can assemble them up to a few hours before grilling.
How to make a great chicken kabob on the grill:
- Marinate chicken for ultimate flavor and tenderness. All three flavors of the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces are great for marinades.
- Make sure to grease your grill. You don’t want those kabobs sticking to the grill.
- Cut ingredients to a uniform size. This helps everything cook evenly.
- Turn the kabobs every 2-3 minutes so everything cooks the same.
- Depending on how thick you cut the chicken, grill chicken kabobs for approximately 15 minutes.
- Top the skewers with extra sauce for amazing flavor.
What to serve with Kung Pao Chicken
I like to serve these skewers over rice but they would be delicious with quinoa, pasta and even spaghetti squash. One thing is for sure, your taste buds will be doing the happy dance after this meal!
You may also like..
Kung Pao Chicken Skewers
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bottle NEW P.F. Chang's® Home Menu sauces - Kung Pao
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- ***If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Place cut up chicken into large container. Pour 3/4 of a bottle NEW P.F. Chang's® Home Menu sauces - Kung Pao over chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes. (Keep in refrigerator while marinating.)
- Once chicken is ready, thread chicken, peppers, onion and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grease grill with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to rotate every few minutes so that the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked remove from grill and brush with remainder of Kung Pao sauce.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.