Peach Honey BBQ Ribs
Jun 20, 2017, Updated Nov 19, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Peach Honey BBQ Ribs are tender, juicy and packed with flavor. They are easy to make so fire up the grill and get ready for some fall off the bone ribs.
Summer is in full swing! We have been firing up our grill on a regular basis. Ribs are still by far one of my favorite things to grill and with Smithfield Fresh Pork, they always turn out perfect!
We grill almost every weekend during the summer. I try to keep the oven time to a minimum when it is hot outside so grilling is the perfect alternative.
The method I used to grill these peach honey bbq ribs is very similar. It’s all about cooking with indirect heat.
Place charcoal on one side of the grill and a drip pan filled with water on the other side.
Light the charcoal and heat up the grill to 250 degrees F. You will want to try and maintain a low temperature between 225-250 degrees during the cooking process.
I used Smithfield Extra Tender St. Louis Ribs for this recipe. St. Louis Ribs have a little more fat content that adds amazing flavor. Baby back ribs would also be delicious with this recipe. Smithfield fresh pork ribs are hand-trimmed, extra-tender and juicy. And with no added hormones or steroids, I feel good about serving them to my family.
Once you remove the membrane from the ribs, season both sides with the rub. Place the ribs meat side up on the side without the charcoal. Cover the grill and cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Next remove the ribs from the grill, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil and place back on the grill for another hour.
Then slather ribs with peach honey bbq sauce and put back on the grill to finish cooking.
Tips for Grilling Perfect Ribs
- Start with quality ribs like Smithfield Extra Tender fresh pork.
- Remove the membrane underneath the ribs.
- Make sure to oil the grill for no sticking.
- Use indirect heat for grilling.
Peach Honey BBQ Ribs
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package Smithfield Extra Tender St. Louis Ribs
Peach BBQ Sauce
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup honey
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Prepare the rub. Stir together all of the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare the ribs, remove the membrane from the back of the slab. Rinse ribs under water and pat dry.
- Apply the dry rub all of the front and back of ribs. Press rub into ribs to help it stick.
- Place charcoal on one side of grill and drip pan with water on the other side.
- Light charcoal and heat to 250 degrees F. Place ribs, meat side up, on unlit side. Grill, covered for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Keep temperature between 225-250 degrees.
- Remove ribs from grill and place ribs, meat side down on aluminum foil. Tightly wrap with foil.
- Add the foil wrapped ribs back to the unlit side of the grill. Grill covered for 1 hour.
- Stir together bottle of BBQ sauce, honey, cayenne and peach preserves.
- Remove ribs from foil and brush both sides with barbecue sauce. Grill covered on unlit side for 15 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.