7 Up Cake is a delicious, classic cake made with lemon cake mix, lemon pudding and of course 7 Up! Topped with a 7 Up glaze, you are totally going to want to make this ASAP!
This 7 Up cake recipe screams summer but I love making it all year round. It is a moist cake brightened up by 7 Up. Who knew soda made such a good cake ingredient?!
I admit I am not the best when it comes to making “fancy” cakes. I like the easy method of baking them in a 9 x 11 pan like this easy pineapple cake. Most 7 Up cakes are made in a bundt pan which works fine with this recipe but I chose to put bake it in a brownie pan.
How to make a 7 Up cake
This cake starts with a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding. Mix with 7 Up, vegetable oil and eggs.
Pour the batter into a 9×11 pan and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees F. Once the cake is baked, let it cool for about 15 minutes. You want to let it cool before you drizzle that tasty icing over top.
Mix powdered sugar, more 7 Up and milk to make the icing. Drizzle on top and serve. If you want to get fancy and add a little more citrus flavor you can add some lemon and lime zest to the icing.
7 Up Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box lemon instant pudding
- 1 cup 7-Up
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons 7-up
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9x11 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, mix all of the cake ingredients together for about 2 minutes or until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool for at least 10 minutes. This helps the icing not to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix together icing ingredients. Drizzle over the cake.