Easy holiday cake mix bars are filled with chocolate chips and red velvet cake. These bars are ooey gooey amazing!
Don’t you love easy recipes that only require a few ingredients but taste like the best thing you have EVER eaten?! That is how I would describe these easy holiday cake mix bars. Using a cake mix makes baking up a batch of these bars a no brainer.
I recently brought these holiday bars to a party and they were gone in less than 10 minutes. Everybody wanted the recipe, in fact people are waiting for me to get this post up so they can get the directions. The great thing about this dessert is you can change up the flavors and still achieve the gooey bars.
Other Combinations To Try:
- Chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
- Yellow cake mix with white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
- Chocolate cake mix with dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips
How to make cake mix bars
To make these easy holiday cake mix bars, mix together red velvet cake mix with butter and an egg. Take part of the dough and spread it out on the bottom of your baking dish. It will seem like you don’t have enough but just keep spreading.
Top with half of the white chocolate and holiday chips. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the chips. Evenly distribute the rest of the dough over the chocolate chips and press it down to flatten.
Add the rest of the chocolate chips over the top and bake. Make sure to cool before cutting and serving.
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season! Don’t forget to bring some of these yummy bars to your next event.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
Easy Holiday Cake Mix Bars
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup holiday chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a 9x9 baking dish, line with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, butter and egg with an electric mixer.
- Mix until dough is combined. Will be thick.
- Take 2/3 of the dough and press into baking dish. Press until thin layer covers the bottom.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup holiday chips.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips in an even coating.
- Take remaining dough and separate into balls.
- Evenly place them over top of the chocolate chips. Press down dough to flatten.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup holiday chips on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Cool before serving.