Fried Bananas are a sweet and simple treat made with ripe bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar. This easy banana dessert can be used for many things like a topping for pancakes, ice cream, or by themselves!
Simple and delicious, these fried bananas are a great way to use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter. We love banana recipes around our house. A few of our other favorites are these easy banana bread muffins, banana pudding and banana cinnamon donut holes.
These bananas were one of the first desserts I learned to make growing up. My parents would let me sprinkle the banana slices with the cinnamon and sugar and then I would scoop them out onto a big bowl of ice cream.
Ingredients you will need
Only 3 ingredients!!
Bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon
How to make fried bananas:
- This dessert/snack couldn’t be easier. Start with 1-2 bananas and slice them into 1/3 inch rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. (If you don’t have brown sugar, white sugar works.)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Add banana rounds to skillet. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture and cook another 2-3 minutes.
HOW TO SERVE FRIED BANANAS
My favorite way to serve these is on top of vanilla ice cream. They would also be delicious served with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream or even on top of pancakes or french toast, SO GOOD!! If you like bananas foster, you will love how these taste! Such an easy dessert with big flavor!
More Simple Desserts:
You may also enjoy this Easy Banana Magic Cake from OMG Chocolate Desserts.
A quick and delicious dessert, these pan fried bananas
**Make this recipe? Give it a star rating below.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Slice each banana into 1/3 inch rounds.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place banana rounds in skillet and sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Let cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip over and sprinkle with the last of mixture.
- Cook another 2 minutes and remove from pan.