This brownie sundae recipe is simple, delicious, and a classic dessert for chocolate lovers. A warm, fudgy brownie topped with creamy ice cream, hot fudge and toppings. The kind of dessert that is special enough for all occasions but easy to make.
Why you should make best brownie sundae
- Simple – This is an easy dessert recipe and a great way to use leftover brownies.
- Budge friendly – No need to spend money at the ice cream shop. These sundaes can be made for much less.
- Customizable – There are so many delicious combinations of toppings you can add to brownie sundaes.
Brownies – Use your favorite homemade brownies or use a brownie mix like this delicious Ghirardelli brownie mix recipe.
Ice Cream – You can choose your favorite flavor of ice cream. We are using classic vanilla ice cream but chocolate, coffee, butter pecan, and cookies and cream are also great choices.
Chocolate Sauce – Hot fudge sauce is used to top the sundae. Use store bought or homemade fudge sauce.
Optional – Whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts, and maraschino cherries are all optional toppings.
How to make the best brownie sundae
- Step one: Brownies – Begin by making the brownies. Once they have baked. Let them cool and then cut into squares.
- Place a brownie square on a dish or in a bowl. Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie.
- Spoon hot fudge over the ice cream. 1-2 tablespoons is usually a good amount but adjust to your preference.
- Optional – Top with additional toppings like whipped cream and a cherry.
- When baking your brownies, line the baking pan with parchment paper. This helps to easily remove the brownies from the pan to cut into squares.
- Try starting with a warm brownie for the sundae. The warmness is so delicious with the cold of the ice cream. If using leftover brownies you can microwave the brownie square for 5-10 seconds.
- If you prefer a chewy brownie, make sure not to over bake the brownie.
- Keep the ice cream in the freezer until ready to scoop and serve. To make it easy to scoop, you can run the scoop under hot water and then wipe off before scooping.
- You can warm the chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. Make sure to check the container to see if it can be microwaved in the jar or if it needs to be transferred to a bowl.
Brownie sundae variations
Ice cream – Choose your favorite ice cream flavor like cookies and cream, strawberry, even peanut butter ice cream.
Sauce – Chocolate fudge is always a favorite but you could substitute with caramel sauce, chocolate magic shell, or strawberry ice cream sauce.
Toppings – Feel free to go crazy with your favorite sundae toppings. Some of our favorites include: sprinkles, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, M&M’s, toffee bits, whipped cream, fresh berries, sliced bananas, and more.
Brownies – Try changing out the brownie with a butterscotch brownie or a cookie bar.
How to store
The leftover brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The whole sundae does not store well because the ice cream will melt.
Did you make this delicious dessert? Let me know below. Be sure to check out this list of more brownie mix recipes.
More chocolate dessert recipes
- 1 brownie
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or a different flavor
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- other toppings whipped cream, cherry, nuts, sprinkles, and more
- Prepare your favorite brownies or use store bought brownies. Cut into squares.
- Place one brownie square on a dish or in a bowl.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie.
- Spoon hot fudge sauce on top of the ice cream. Top with additional favorite toppings. Serve.
Leave a Reply