Broccoli Cheese Casserole – This cheesy and creamy casserole makes a delicious side dish to any meal. A tasty way to eat your vegetables.
This broccoli cheese casserole recipe is a go-to when we have family get-togethers. Everyone loves the broccoli and cheese combination and I love how easy it is to make.
How do you make broccoli and cheese casserole:
This recipe is simple to mix together and pop in the oven.
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, mayo, garlic powder, pinch of cayenne and chopped broccoli. I use frozen broccoli florets that I thaw and then chop into smaller pieces. You can also use steamed broccoli if you have that on hand.
- Pour that mixture into a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Next, crush up some butter crackers. I typically use club crackers but Ritz or even Saltines work well. Toss the cracker crumbs with melted butter and then spread over top of the broccoli mixture.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
This dish can be prepared in advance. Assemble the casserole and cover with foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve. I would recommend leaving the cracker crumb topping off until you are ready to bake to ensure they don’t get too soggy.
More delicious side dishes:
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 sleeve club crackers (about 20 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together soup, cheese, broccoli, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Spread the mixture in prepared casserole dish.
- Place crackers in a large sealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs with melted butter.
- Cover the broccoli mixture with cracker crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until crumbs are a golden brown.