Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Apr 02, 2019, Updated Sep 15, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole – This cheesy and creamy casserole makes a delicious side dish to any meal. A tasty way to eat your vegetables even the kids will love.
This post was updated from April 2018.
This broccoli cheese casserole recipe is a go-to when we have family get-togethers. Everyone loves the broccoli and cheese combination and I love how easy it is to make.
How do you make broccoli and cheese casserole:
This recipe is simple to mix together and pop in the oven.
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, mayo, garlic powder, pinch of cayenne and chopped broccoli. I use frozen broccoli florets that I thaw and then chop into smaller pieces. You can also use steamed broccoli if you have that on hand.
- Pour that mixture into a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Next, crush up some butter crackers. I typically use club crackers but Ritz or even Saltines work well. Toss the cracker crumbs with melted butter and then spread over top of the broccoli mixture.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
This dish can be prepared in advance. Assemble the casserole and cover with foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake and serve. I would recommend leaving the cracker crumb topping off until you are ready to bake to ensure they don’t get too soggy.
Why this recipe works
- The soup, cheese and mayonnaise makes the casserole super creamy and delicious.
- Crumbled butter cracker topping really gives this dish a gorgeous golden color and adds the perfect amount of crunch.
Can Broccoli Cheese Casserole Be Frozen?
Yep, it sure can! Check out these tips on how to freeze your casserole.
Bake the casserole like normal and then let it COMPLETELY cool. You do not want to put a warm casserole in the freezer.
Wrap the whole dish in plastic wrap several times and then tightly with foil.
When you are ready to eat, let it thaw in the refrigerator and then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
More delicious side dishes:
You might also enjoy serving this casserole with Bourbon Mustard Ham from The Chunky Chef.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
This casserole dish is a family favorite. Kid and parent approved!
***Make this casserole? Be sure to leave a star rating below.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 sleeve club crackers (about 20 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together soup, cheese, broccoli, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Spread the mixture in prepared casserole dish.
- Place crackers in a large sealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbs with melted butter.
- Cover the broccoli mixture with cracker crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until crumbs are a golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.