Bisquick cheeseburger pie or “impossible cheeseburger pie” is an easy, hearty meal that can be prepared in about 45 minutes. Filled with ground beef, eggs, cheese, and a few other simple ingredients, this meal is sure to satisfy. Serve with a side dish like hash brown casserole or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
Why you will love this Impossible Cheeseburger Pie recipe
- A classic recipe that has been around for years and is always a meal the whole family loves.
- Quick dinner for busy weeknights.
- Just a few simple ingredients are needed. You might already have them in your kitchen.
- Delicious way to use a pack of ground beef.
Ground beef – I like using a lean ground beef. You can substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken.
Cheese – Sharp or mild cheddar cheese give this dish great flavor.
Onions – Use whatever onion you have on hand. I am using a yellow onion in this recipe but white or red onion will also work.
Salt and ground black pepper – Adds seasoning and flavor. Used to season the beef and the egg mixture.
Ground mustard – Another way to add flavor to this dish.
Bisquick baking mix – You can find a box of Bisquick in the baking aisle.
Milk – Use your favorite milk.
Eggs – 2 eggs are needed.
How to make Bisquick cheeseburger pie
Step one: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until starting to brown. Drain any excess grease.
Add in salt, pepper, and diced onions. Stir for another 3-4 minutes to soften the onion.
Step two: Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in beef filling. Top with shredded cheese.
Step three: Whisk together eggs, milk, Bisquick, salt, pepper, and ground mustard until combined. Pour the mixture over the cheese and beef.
Step four: Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
You will know the pie is done when the top turns golden brown and if you insert a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.
How to store leftovers
Store: Have leftovers? Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Freeze: This cheeseburger pie can also be frozen. After it has finished baking, let it completely cool. Transfer to a freezer safe container or bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What to serve with easy cheeseburger pie
If you want to make this a true cheeseburger, try topping with your favorite cheeseburger toppings like pickle slices, sliced tomatoes, even a little shredded lettuce. We even like to serve with a side of ketchup and mustard.
A few side dishes that pair well with this beef casserole:
- Simple green salad
- Pea salad
- French fries
- Potato salad
- Crispy Crowns
Recipe tips for Bisquick hamburger pie
- Making this for a crowd? Double the ingredients and cook in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Be careful not to overmix the Bisquick mixture. This can cause the pie to be tough.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Protein – Substitute ground beef with ground sausage, turkey, or ground chicken. You can even add in some cooked, chopped bacon.
Cheese – Try different cheeses like shredded Swiss, cheddar blend, Monterey Jack, or even pepper jack.
Vegetables – Add in more vegetables with diced bell pepper and or chopped mushrooms.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes, this Bisquick cheeseburger pie recipe can be made a day in advance. I would recommend making the beef and onion mixture. Let cool and then store in an airtight container. When ready to cook, mix the Bisquick mixture, then assemble and bake.
You can also bake the full dish the night before and just reheat in the oven when ready to eat.
More Bisquick recipes
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until it starts to brown. Drain any excess grease. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and diced onion. Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour beef mixture into prepared pie plate. Top with shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Bisquick, ground mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over cheese and beef. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Leave a Reply