All the deliciousness of meatloaf rolled up into little meatballs makes Momma’s Meatloaf Meatballs a sure hit! This meatloaf recipe is full of veggies and spices.
There is something about meatloaf that gives you a sense of comfort and home. It is just one of those classic meals that everyone can relate to I think. Of course, growing up my sister and I loved my mom’s meatloaf. She would slather it in “Secret Sauce” and we would always lick our plates clean. Over the years I have made just a few changes to mom’s meatloaf. First off, I made it into meatballs. Personally, I prefer more of the cooked outside edges so making them into meatballs gave me more of the “edge”. I also added some teeny tiny diced up red pepper for a little more nutrients and moisture. Did you know that red peppers have a ton of vitamin C in them?! It is a little hard to tell in the picture below, but the pepper and onion are minced up super tiny.
How to make meatloaf meatballs
Mix the ingredients together and roll into meatballs. I like to place mine on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
The Secret Sauce is made up of a little brown sugar, ground mustard and ketchup. Once you mix it up you can microwave or heat up in a small saucepan enough to dissolve the sugar.
These would be great served with mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or even on some lettuce. It is a great kid friendly option for dinner. I need all of those I can get!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Momma's Meatloaf Meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbls minced onion
- 2 tbls minced red bell pepper
- 1 tbls dried parsley
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbls ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- In a bowl, mix together first 8 ingredients and add the salt and pepper.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Secret Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, and ground mustard.
- Microwave mixture for 1 minute or heat in small saucepan for 2-3 minutes, enough for sugar to dissolve.
- To serve, spoon ketchup mixture on top of meatballs.