Turkey Meatballs Cranberry BBQ Sauce are baked and then tossed in an easy cranberry BBQ sauce. These are delicious for an appetizer or served as a meal.
Turkey and cranberries don’t have to be eaten together only on Thanksgiving. This cranberry BBQ sauce is sweet and a great sauce to go with these seasoned turkey meatballs.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY MEATBALLS
- Start with heating the oven to 375 degrees F and preparing a baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Be sure not to over mix to prevent toughness.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- To make the sauce, place BBQ sauce, cranberry sauce and brown sugar in a large skillet. Heat over medium-low heat until heated through and sauce is combined.
- Once meatballs are cooked, place them in the sauce and cover with sauce.
WHAT TO HAVE WITH BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS
- These meatballs make great appetizers. You can keep them warm in a slow cooker and use toothpicks.
- They can also be served for a meal with egg noodles, rice, potato wedges or even mashed potatoes. I even love them with mashed sweet potatoes.
- You can leave out the carbs and serve with steamed veggies or a salad.
Try not to over mix the turkey meatball mixture to prevent the meatballs from getting tough. You can also use ground chicken or ground beef for this recipe.
Turkey Meatballs in Cranberry BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, Panko crumbs, seasoning, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet, mix together cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce and brown sugar. Cook on medium low until ingredients are mixed and heated through.
- Place baked meatballs in the sauce, serve warm.