Easy Crockpot chicken and rice is an easy, cheesy slow cooker meal. Made with shredded chicken, yellow rice and CHEESE!
Sometimes life gets busy and if you are like me, some nights you just need an easy meal to prepare. That is why I love a good Crockpot recipe. This Crockpot Chicken and Rice recipe is perfect for this situation and bonus, everyone loves it, even the picky ones.
How To Make Crockpot Chicken And Rice
- Start by adding boneless, skinless chicken breasts to slow cooker. Pour in cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
- Cook for either 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in cooked yellow rice and cheese. Ready to serve!
Tips for making this chicken and rice crockpot recipe
This is a basic recipe that you could easily change up and make your own.
- Rice: For this recipe I decided to use yellow rice. I love the flavor it adds, especially with the cheese. You could also use cooked white or brown long grain rice. I make my rice using a rice cooker about 30 minutes before I am going to serve the dish.
- Veggies: Add in some veggies for added nutrients and color. When I make this dish I typically serve it with a salad or steamed broccoli. You could mix in chopped steamed broccoli into the dish, along with corn or cooked carrots. It is a good way to sneak in some vegetables.
- Cheese: It’s no secret that I love cheese so for this recipe I use 1.5 cups. Feel free to cut back on the amount if you don’t like your dishes super cheesy.
This really is one of my families favorite Crockpot chicken recipes. For more easy dinner inspiration be sure to check out these recipes.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 5 oz yellow rice, cooked
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pour chicken broth and cream of chicken soup into slow cooker. Add in the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Once cooked, remove chicken and shred with a fork. Place chicken back in slow cooker.
- Add cooked rice and cheese to the slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper.