Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is an easy and delicious meal. Five ingredients dumped in the slow cooker. Set it and forget it!
This slow cooker Mississippi chicken is one of my FAVORITE things to make during a busy week. It is so flavorful and can be used in many different ways. If you haven’t heard of Mississippi pot roast, you are missing out. It is a super tasty pot roast recipe that has been going around for years. This is the chicken version of that recipe. Instead of using Au Jus Mix, I use a packet of chicken gravy. Don’t worry about this meal being too spicy. The peppers just add a nice flavor to the dish.
What kind of chicken do I use?
I use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe but thighs are also a great option.
Ingredients needed: chicken, au jus mix, ranch dressing mix, butter and perperoni peppers.
How to make Mississippi Chicken
- For this recipe you only need 5 simple ingredients and a slow cooker. Easy Peasy! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe but chicken thighs would also be nice.
- Place them in the slow cooker, top with seasonings, butter, pepperoncini peppers and a little of the pepper juice.
- Cook for 6-8 hours depending on your schedule. I have even cooked it on the four hour setting.
I serve this chicken in many different ways. Some of my favorite are:
- with mashed potatoes
- buttered noodles
- in a taco
- in a quesadilla
- over nachos
- with mashed cauliflower
This chicken is also Keto friendly. I love serving it with mashed cauliflower for a low carb meal. You could also melt some cheese on top!
You may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thanks for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family.
You will need a slow cooker for this recipe. There are many different kinds out there but I love this programmable one from Crockpot.
If you love slow cooker recipes, be sure to try:
- Slow Cooker Beer Beef Sliders
- Crock Pot Pork and Beans Burrito Bowl
- The Best Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Crock Pot Pineapple BBQ
**If you made this recipe please be sure to give it a rating below.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package chicken gravy mix
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup juice from pepperoncinis
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with chicken gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, butter, pepperoncinis and juice.
- Cover and set slow cooker for 6 or 8 hours depending on how fast you want it cooked.
- Once cooked, shred with fork to serve.