Fried Tortellini, refrigerated tortellini coated in Panko breadcrumbs, cheese and spices. Cooked to a golden brown and dunked in a side of marinara.
Fried tortellini make a delicious appetizer, snack or even meal. Truthfully I could have eaten the whole batch myself. My husband asked me to make a double batch next time so he could have more than a few. 🙂
When my mom and I go out to dinner, she always leans towards Italian restaurants. One of our favorite menu items to share is fried ravioli or tortellini. Fried pasta filled with cheese, you can’t pass that up! I prefer the tortellini because their smaller size make them easy to pop in your mouth.
How to make fried tortellini:
To make these delicious bites of fried cheese, start by preparing the tortellini according to the package directions. Next, heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Coat the tortellini in flour. You can either dredge them in a bowl of flour or place flour in a large zip-loc bag with the tortellini and shake.
Dredge the coated tortellini in beaten eggs and then coat them with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and spices. Cook them in batches, about 10 at a time until they are golden brown. Once they are cooked, place them on a paper towel lined plate. This helps to drain excess grease.
Ideas for dipping:
- marinara sauce
- marinara with cream sauce
- honey mustard
Looking for more tasty appetizers?
- Bacon wrapped water chestnuts
- Hot sausage and beer cheese dip
- Salsa Verde Empanadas
- Cheesy Bacon Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Roast Beef Tortilla Roll-ups
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated tortellini
- vegetable oil for frying (enough oil to have 1/4-1/2 inch in the pan.)
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix together Panko, Parmesan, Italian seasonings and garlic powder in a large bowl. Place beaten eggs in a bowl.
- In batches, cover tortellini in flour then dip into eggs and then coat in Panko mixture.
- Add tortellini to the skillet, about 10 at a time, and cook until golden. Place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with marinara, ranch, or creamy tomato sauce.