Roasted Asparagus with Soy Sauce and Honey is a quick side with only 5 ingredients. Fresh and flavorful!
One of my favorite things about this time is finding young, skinny asparagus at the grocery store!! This probably sounds silly but I get so excited when I see skinny asparagus at the store. I feel it tastes better, is tender crisp and just better than the super thick stalks. The bright green color just screams spring time and thank goodness winter is over 🙂
How to roast asparagus.
I love asparagus and this is a super simple recipe that only requires a few ingredients you probably have on hand. The soy sauce and honey give the asparagus a slight salty sweet flavor and it is done in 15 minutes. For this recipe I cut the ends off of the asparagus and give the stalks a rinse under the water.
Toss the asparagus in a little olive oil, mixture of honey and soy sauce and then a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Put it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes and you end up with a lovely side dish.
What are the benefits of eating asparagus?
- Full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- High in nutrients including folic acid, fiber, potassium, vitamin A and C.
- Nutritional benefits that help your heart, bones and digestion.
How do you know if asparagus has gone bad?
- The key to telling if asparagus has gone bad is to look at the tips of the vegetable. The tips will look dark green, almost black.
- The tips are soft and mushy to the touch.
- Asparagus stays good for approximately 5-7 days.
If you are looking for a quick and simple side dish full of flavor, you will love this asparagus. This recipe makes about four servings but my husband and I enjoy it so much, we can finish it between the two of us.
More side dish recipes:
Roasted Asparagus with Soy Sauce and Honey
Roasted Asparagus with Soy Sauce and Honey is a quick side with only 5 ingredients.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toss in olive oil.
In a small bowl combine soy sauce and honey. Drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of asparagus.
Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve immediately.