Quinoa, turkey sausage, spinach, egg, cheese mini cups are great protein packed breakfast bites. Make them once and eat them all week.
Ahhh breakfast. Something I used to always eat and enjoy pre kids. After Ava was born, something happened where I felt like there was just no time to eat breakfast. I was always running around doing something in the mornings. And then Major was born 15 months later and then finally Elle. Now I really feel like there is no time.
But as the mornings go on, I have been realizing my energy is so low, even after my coffee. So this year I have decided that I am making it a point to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning for the good of everyone 🙂 That is where the quinoa, turkey sausage, spinach, egg and cheese mini cups come into the picture. They are packed full of protein, gluten free, and even have some vegetables.
These guys are easy to put together and you can freeze them to have for the rest of the week. You can change these up to fit your taste. If you don’t like spinach, leave it out or add some zucchini, kale or broccoli. Also, if you are not a huge sausage fan, try bacon, diced ham or leave it out.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Spray mini muffin pan and fill each up with the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Let the cups rest for at least 5 minutes before removing so they don’t fall apart.
These really have been a great on the go breakfast option for me. The kids like them as an afternoon snack. You might want to make 2 batches because they are sure to be gone fast.
More Breakfast Ideas
Quinoa, Turkey Sausage, Spinach, Egg and Cheese Mini Cups
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked ground turkey breakfast sausage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, onion, spinach, quinoa, sausage, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin tins, filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool for 2-5 minutes before removing from the tin.
Microwave 30-40 seconds to reheat.