Pecan Praline Pancakes
Aug 23, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions are my own.
Pecan praline pancakes will wow your breakfast crowd. Fluffy pancakes with chopped pecans are topped with a rich, pecan praline sauce.
There is nothing quite like a stack of fluffy, delicious pancakes in the morning. This homemade pecan pancake recipe is easier to make than you might think. It’s also special enough to serve for a special occasion and simple enough for a weekend morning.
Most of the ingredients needed are items you probably already have in your pantry. The highlighted ingredient is of course the pecans. I like buying pre-chopped pecans to make this recipe even easier but you can chop your own pecans with a knife or a food processor.
Get the full recipe at Dixie Crystals. Find the full list of ingredients and directions at Dixie Crystals Pecan Praline Pancakes.
These are the ingredients needed for both the pecan praline sauce and the homemade pancakes.
Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar – Light brown sugar gives this sauce a rich flavor.
Butter – Unsalted sweet cream butter.
Heavy cream – Heavy whipping cream is used for this sauce.
Toasted pecans – Toast chopped pecans in the oven or on the stove for 3-4 minutes to bring out the flavor.
Flour – All-purpose flour is needed to make these pancakes.
Baking powder – Try and use fresh baking powder to help get the most fluffy pancakes.
Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Milk, egg, vanilla extract
Butter – Unsalted sweet cream butter, melted.
Pecans – Use chopped pecans to stir into the pancake batter.
How to make pecan praline pancakes
Find full recipe and ingredients at Dixie Crystals.
This pancake breakfast is simple to make. Start with preparing the praline sauce and then prepare the pancakes.
- Pecan praline sauce: Add butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and salt to a saucepan. Warm over medium heat while stirring.
- Keep stirring until it starts to boil and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in roasted pecans and vanilla extract.
- Pancakes: Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add in egg, melted butter, and milk into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray and pour on batter. Let cook 2-3 minutes and flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve pancakes with praline sauce poured over top.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking. This helps to make fluffier pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the pancake batter or they could become tough.
- Once you flip the pancakes, don’t press down on them with your spatula. This will help keep them fluffy.
- Make sure to constantly stir the praline sauce while on the heat. Stirring will help to prevent the sauce from burning.
- You can toast the pecans in the oven or in a skillet on the stove. Toasting helps bring out the flavor of the pecans.
- If you need to keep the pancakes warm while cooking, place them on a baking sheet in 200 degree oven.
How to store
Store the praline sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to use you can serve it cold or warm it on low heat in a sauce pan on the stove.
Store any leftover pancakes in a sealable bag or container in the refrigerator. They can be reheated in a skillet or in the microwave.
More breakfast recipes
- Air fryer sausage patties
- Air fryer turkey bacon
- Keto Breakfast casserole
- Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Banana oatmeal pancakes
***Food Lovin’ Family has an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for developing recipes. I have been compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.