Peach cream pie is a delicious summer dessert. Baked crust filled with lightly sweetened fresh peaches and topped with custard cream and whipped cream.
If you love summertime desserts, be sure to try this blueberry lemon crumb pie.
Peaches are by far my favorite fruit. I get so excited when summer comes around because I know it’s peach season. They have also become my kids favorite fruit so I try to always have fresh peaches in the house all summer long.
This peach pie is wonderful because it really highlights the peaches. The pie crust is filled with them and then lightly covered with the custard cream.
Why this recipe works
- Beautiful and delicious dessert great for summer gatherings.
- Only need a few simple ingredients.
- Great way to use fresh summer peaches.
Pie crust – Use a frozen or homemade pie crust. You will need to bake the pie crust before filling.
Peaches – Use fresh or frozen sliced peaches.
Flour, Salt, Milk, Egg yolk, Salt – This helps to form the custard.
Sugar – Part of the custard and also used to sweeten peaches.
Whipped cream – Make your own or store bought.
How to make peach cream pie
This Peach Cream Pie recipe was originally published in Imperial Sugar’s cookbook “A Bag Full Of Recipes”.
- Crust: Bake the pie crust. Make sure to poke holes in the crust before baking to ensure it doesn’t puff up.
- Peaches: Place peaches in a bowl and sprinkle sugar on them. Set aside.
- Custard: To make the custard, place milk, sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Constantly stir over medium low heat until it thickens. Add egg yolk and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Assemble: Add peaches to pie crust, pour custard over peaches. Let cool and place in the refrigerator.
- Cream: Add whipped cream when ready to serve and eat.
- I used a frozen pie crust for this. Be sure to let it thaw and follow the directions for baking. You can also use a homemade crust.
- If using frozen peaches, let them thaw before sugaring.
- It’s important to constantly stir the custard mixture while cooking. It can clump up if not stirred.
How to store
Store: Keep any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Freeze: I would recommend not freezing this pie.
More delicious dessert recipes
- Espresso brownie bites – Rich chocolate brownies with a hint of espresso.
- Strawberry coconut bars – Delicious strawberry bars topped with coconut.
- Butterscotch cookies – Old fashioned butterscotch cookies.
- Lemon butterball cookies – Buttery cookies with a hint of lemon covered in powdered sugar.
- Cornmeal berry sheet cake – A beautiful sheet cake with a hint of sweetness and fresh berries.
I am sharing this recipe at Dixie Crystals. Click on Peach Cream Pie to get the full, printable recipe.
*** I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.