Blueberry Lemon Crumb Pie
Apr 03, 2020, Updated Aug 27, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Blueberry Lemon Crumb Pie – Cool, creamy pie in a lemon cookie crust and topped with blueberries. The perfect dessert for spring and summer.
Click HERE for full recipe
Blueberry and lemon is just a delicious combination. The bright, slightly tart lemon perfectly balances out the sweet creamy filling and blueberry topping.
What you need
Lemon cookies or Lemon creme filled cookies – If you can’t find them, try a vanilla cookie like vanilla wafers or vanilla OREOS.
Blueberry Pie filling – Use your favorite canned or homemade filling. The key is to make sure it is chilled before using for topping.
Cream Cheese – I like to use full fat for this recipe. Make sure to soften at room temperature to ensure a creamy center.
Sugar – I like to use Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Sugar.
Lemon – You will need the juice and the peel.
Butter – Used for the crust.
Confectioners Sugar – I use Dixie Crystals Confectioners sugar. This adds sweetness to the cream filling.
How to make
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cookie crumbs, butter and sugar to make a crust.
- Press the crumb mixture into a pie plate to form a crust. Bake for about 3 minutes and let cool completely.
- Whip together cream cheese and confectioners sugar until it’s fluffy. Stir in the lemon juice and grated lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into crust and top with chilled blueberry pie filling.
- Make sure to let your cream cheese soften at room temperature. This really helps make a fluffy center without lumps.
- I also recommend making sure the cookie crust is cold when adding the filling. Once it has finished baking. Let cool and then place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to completely chill.
- Store any leftovers covered, in the refrigerator.
I am sharing the recipe over at Dixie Crystals today.
For full recipe click on Blueberry Lemon Pie.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.