Strawberry Coconut Bars are made with delicious layers of shortbread crust, strawberry jam and sweet coconut topping.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
If you like macaroons, you will enjoy these strawberry bars! The topping is similar to fluffy, sweet coconut macaroons and the combination with jam and cookie crust is unbeatable. Yum!
Growing up my mom would make homemade strawberry jam and jelly. I could eat it straight out of the jar it was so good. Homemade jam is perfect for these bars but store bought it also delicious!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Strawberry Jam
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY COCONUT BARS
- Begin by making the crust dough. Place softened butter, flour, egg, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until dough is formed.
- Press the dough into a prepared 8 x 8 baking dish. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Spread the strawberry jam over baked crust while it’s still warm. The warmth makes it easier to get a nice smooth layer of jam.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Stir in shredded coconut and spread mixture over jam.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes or until coconut flakes lightly brown.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
TIPS FOR STRAWBERRY COCONUT BARS
- You could also make this with raspberry jelly.
- I like to check on the coconut topping after baking for 10 minutes. If it is starting to get brown, cover with foil for the remainder of baking time.
- Make sure to let these bars completely cool before slicing. This allows them to set up.
These bars are always a huge hit with family and friends. They are perfect for holidays and parties. I have even been known to eat them for breakfast! Be sure to click below for the full recipe.
I am sharing the recipe over at Imperial Sugar today.
Click on STRAWBERRY COCONUT BARS to get full printable recipe.