Salsa Verde Empanadas
Sep 13, 2017, Updated Mar 27, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Salsa Verde Empanadas are perfect for game time! Pick up Pace® Salsa Verde and a few ingredients at Walmart to make these easy and delicious snacks.
Fall is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! This is by far my favorite time of year. Crisp, cool air, gorgeous fall foliage and FOOTBALL! We are a football lovin’ family and I can’t wait to host some game day get togethers.
For game day I like having several different finger foods that are easy to eat and everyone will enjoy. I admit, I am partial to Southwestern flavors so that is what I typically make for my gatherings. There is something about the bold spices and textures that makes my taste buds happy.
These Salsa Verde empanadas are one of my favorite things to serve when people come over to watch the game. They are simple to make and everyone goes crazy for them. The main ingredient that sets these apart is 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde. It takes these empanadas to another level.
I grew up eating Pace® Picante Sauce on almost everything, except ice cream. 🙂 It is extremely versatile and can be used as an ingredient, condiment & dipping sauce. Pace® bans the bland and always adds a nice kick to meal time.
To make these tasty appetizers, start by mixing together cream cheese, cheese, chicken, green onion and Pace® Salsa Verde. Roll out the pie dough and and cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter. Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture into the center of each round and fold in half. To ensure a good seal, use the back of fork prongs to crimp down the edges. Brush the tops of the empanadas with egg and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
These are delicious served with guacamole, 24oz. Pace® Picante Sauce, Pace® Salsa or more 24oz. Pace® Salsa Verde.
More Appetizers You Might Enjoy
Salsa Verde Empanadas
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken, shredded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, cream cheese, cheese, green onion and salsa verde. Stir until combined.
- Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds. Re-roll dough as needed.
- Use both crusts in package. Place one teaspoon of mixture in the center of each circle pie crust. Fold dough over the filling and press edges together with the back of a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pie crusts and mixture. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.