ConAgra Brands and General Mills sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own.
Brown Sugar Chess Pie is similar to chess pie but with the sweet, rich flavor of brown sugar. A great pie to serve your guests during the holidays.
During the holidays we always have people in and out of our house. We seem to be a hub for family and friends to drop by and congregate. I try to have a few simple and delicious desserts on hand that I can offer our guests when they come over. One of my favorites is this easy brown sugar chess pie that my grandmother used to make for us growing up.
Chess pie is a classic, old fashioned dessert but this one is made a little different using only brown sugar. I love the caramel flavor it gives to the pie – SO GOOD!
I am a firm believer that holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be stressful so I use semi-homemade hacks when I can. Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust and Reddi-wip Original Dairy Whipped Topping are two of my semi-homemade secret weapons. When I am shopping at Walmart, I make sure to pick up these two items so I have them ready during this busy baking season. I never know when I might need to whip up a pie or two.
To make this brown sugar chess pie, start with a Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust. Make sure to let the crust thaw out a little bit before putting it in the pie dish. I like to sprinkle a little flour in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and then dust a little flour on the front and back side of the pie crust.
Place the pie crust in the pie plate and crimp the edges. Next, mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Pour the mixture in the pie crust and bake for 30-35 minutes. I recommend checking the crust edges after 10-15 minutes of baking. Place strips of foil over the pie crusts edges for the remaining baking time to prevent burning.
After the pie has baked, remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. I love topping my slice with a dollop of creamy Reddi-wip.
Next time you are at Walmart, make sure to pick up Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust and Reddi-whip. What will you be baking this holiday season?
More Delicious Desserts
Brown Sugar Chess Pie
- 1 Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbls cornmeal
- 1 tbls flour
- 1 tbls white vinegar
- 1 tbls vanilla
- Reddi-wip Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dust a little flour on bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle a little flour on top and bottom of pie crust. Place pie crust in the pie plate and crimp or fold edges.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, cornmeal, flour, white vinegar, and vanilla. Mix in eggs until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake for 30-35 minutes. (Check crust edges after 15 minutes. If they are starting to brown, place strips of foil over the crust so it does not burn.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of Reddi-wip whipped cream.
Leave a Reply