Dog Ice Cream Treats
May 03, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Treat your furry friend with this easy to make dog ice cream treat recipe. These cool treats are made with just 3 simple ingredients.
On a hot day it’s great to be able to help your pup cool off with a frozen treat. This easy recipe is a Frosty Paws copycat recipe that can be made at home in minutes without any of the extra preservatives or artificial flavors.
This dog ice cream recipe is super simple. All you need are these common ingredients:
Yogurt – Use your favorite plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt.
Blueberries – You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Bananas – One ripe banana or frozen banana.
Silicone mold – I used this paw print and bone silicone mold. You can also use ice cube trays, mini muffin pan, or even small paper dixie cups.
How to make dog ice cream treats
Step one: Place banana, blueberries, and yogurt in a food processor.
Step two: Blend until smooth.
Step three: Place silicone molds on a cookie sheet. Carefully fill the silicone molds with the yogurt mixture. Put molds in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen.
- If you don’t have a silicone mold you can also make these using ice cube trays.
- Placing the molds on a cookie sheet helps keep them stable in the freezer and also helps to freeze them faster.
- These frozen dog treats are made with delicious fresh ingredients and also safe for humans to eat.
- The dog ice cream treats do start to melt quickly so don’t leave them out too long.
Want to give your dog some different flavors? You can try some of these other dog ice cream combinations:
- Banana, yogurt, peanut butter
- Banana, strawberries, yogurt
- Pumpkin puree, yogurt
- Watermelon, yogurt
How to store
Keep the frozen treats in the freezer in a freezer safe container. They will last about 3 months in the freezer.
Are these safe for dogs?
While this recipe uses fresh ingredients and are considered safe for dogs, you still can consult your veterinarian if you have concerns.
More frozen treat recipes
Next time you want to give your dog a delicious treat, try these and let me know how they like them in the comments.
Dog Ice Cream Treats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1.5 cups plain yogurt
- Place yogurt, banana, and blueberries in a food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Place silicone mold on a baking sheet. Fill the molds with yogurt mixture.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.