No Bake Coconut Balls (2-ingredients)
Oct 15, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
No bake coconut balls can be made with only 2 ingredients! A super simple dessert that is full of delicious coconut flavor.
It’s hard to believe these rich and delicious coconut truffles are made with just 2 simple ingredients. This dessert is fast and easy to make and perfect for a holiday or special occasion.
If you are familiar with Raffaello balls, this sweet treat tastes very similar except it does not have the hazelnut center. They also taste similar to the inside of a Mounds bar.
More coconut recipes:
Shredded coconut – Use unsweetened, desiccated coconut. Desiccated is finely ground coconut, not the big shreds. Make use to use unsweetened coconut since the condensed milk is already very sweet.
Sweetened condensed milk – This is a shelf stable product that can typically be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store. It’s thick and sweet and works to bind the coconut together in this recipe.
How to make coconut balls
Step one: Place coconut in a large bowl. Pour in sweetened condensed milk.
Step two: Stir until combined. Roll the coconut mixture into small, 1-inch balls and then coat them with extra desiccated coconut.
Step three: Place them on a sheet pan lined with wax paper. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray before rolling the balls. This helps to prevent the mixture sticking to your hands.
- Make sure to roll the balls in the extra coconut flakes right after rolling into balls so the coconut sticks.
- Can these be made vegan? Yes, just replace the sweetened condensed milk with a vegan version.
- These make a wonderful gift. Try wrapping them in a nice bag or tin for an edible gift for the holidays, birthdays, and more.
How to store
Store the coconut balls with condensed milk in the refrigerator. They need to be kept in an airtight container. They will last for a couple of months if kept in the refrigerator.
Chocolate – These can be dipped in melted chocolate for a chocolatey twist. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of shortening. Dip the chilled coconut balls in the melted chocolate. Let rest on wax paper.
Raffaello – To make these into homemade Raffaello balls, add a hazelnut or almond to the center of the balls.
More easy dessert recipes
- 2 cups desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Place coconut in a large bowl. Pour in sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until combined. Roll the coconut mixture into small, 1-inch balls and then coat them with extra desiccated coconut.
- Place them on a sheet pan lined with wax paper. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.