How to make Cinnamon Toast (Three Methods)
Jul 24, 2020, Updated Aug 25, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the best cinnamon toast recipe cooked three different ways, oven, stove, and air fryer. Deliciously toasted bread with butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
Forget the toaster, we are sharing 3 ways to make the most perfect, delicious cinnamon toast! I know it’s just cinnamon toast, but seriously, this is some good stuff.
There is something about the combination of cinnamon and sugar that can’t be beat. This toast makes the perfect snack, dessert, even breakfast.
- Bread – Use your favorite sliced bread like white, whole wheat bread, or even a sliced French or sourdough bread. I used a slice of plain white bread to really let the cinnamon and sugar shine.
- Butter – Make sure the unsalted butter is softened so that it’s easily spreadable.
- Sugar – Just plain, granulated sugar. I have also used brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon can be found in the spice aisle.
Cinnamon and Sugar Toast spread
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
The key to this tasty piece of toast is the spread. For this recipe the ratio you will use is 1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar. With this in mind, you can adjust the serving size.
- Mash: Place softened butter in a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon. Use a fork to mash it all together to make a cinnamon butter.
- Spread: Spread the cinnamon sugar butter mixture over the top of each slice of bread. Make sure to cover the whole topside, all the way out to the edges of the bread.
How to make cinnamon toast in the oven
I think making it in the oven is probably the most popular method.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread with butter spread up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Bake for approximately 7-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cinnamon toast bread on the stove
- If you would like to use the stove method, start by heating a small skillet over medium heat. Place the butter spread side down to toast.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and the flip bread over and cook another 2 minutes to toast the bottom.
- For this method you could butter both sides of the bread for double the cinnamon sugar goodness.
Cinnamon toast in the air fryer
I really enjoy cooking with the air fryer. Hot air circulates around the food so the bread gets nice and toasty.
- Place bread in air fryer basket, butter side up.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
How to store
This is a recipe that is best eaten fresh but you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day. Reheat in the oven or air fryer to restore the toast texture.
Cinnamon toast works best when made in the oven or air fryer.
Day old or older bread is best to use for toast. It’s best because it is usually sturdier than fresh bread.
More easy breakfast recipes
- Yogurt parfait – Layers of yogurt, granola, fruit, and honey.
- Cake mix waffles – Easy waffle mix.
- Sausage balls – A family favorite, sausage, cheese, and Bisquick.
- Air fryer bacon – Quick way to crisp up bacon.
Let me know if you made this recipe in the comments below.
Cinnamon Toast Bread
- 4 pieces bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread with butter spread up on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Place bread in air fryer basket, buttered side up. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Place the butter spread side down to toast. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip bread over and cook another 2 minutes to toast the bottom.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.