Cream Cheese Swirled Blondies
Aug 23, 2019, Updated Aug 27, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cream cheese swirled blondies are a fun twist to a classic dessert. Delicious chewy blondies topped with a sweet cream cheese swirl.
If you love something sweet as much as I do, you need to make these blondies!
- Dixie Crystals Sugar: This will be used for the cream cheese swirl.
- Cream Cheese: For the swirl.
- Dixie Crystals Brown Sugar: The key to a good blondie.
- Flour: Make sure to use all-purpose.
- Baking Powder
Blondies are one of my husbands favorite desserts. The chewy texture in combination with the butterscotch flavor is unbelievable! These blondies are extra special because they are topped with a cream cheese swirl.
These dessert bars are perfect for any occasion all year long. Your friends and family will be requesting the recipe!
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE SWIRLED BLONDIES
Get the full recipe HERE
- Start with mixing the melted butter and brown sugar. Let cool for 2 minutes and them mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture with the brown sugar mixture.
- Spread blondie mixture in prepared 9 x 13 pan.
- Next beat together cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg until creamy.
- Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture on top of the blondie batter.
- Using a knife or toothpick, drag the point of the knife through the cream cheese to make a marbled effect.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the blondies comes out clean.
WHY ARE THEY CALLED BLONDIES?
Blondies get their name because of the color. They have a similar texture to a brownie but are made with brown sugar and no cocoa powder.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT BLONDIE
- Make sure to let the brown sugar and butter cool for a few minutes before you mix in the eggs. If you add them right away, there is a change the eggs might cook.
- Vanilla! Adds to the flavor.
- Don’t forget the salt. I like adding a little sea salt to balance the sweetness.
Be sure to let me know how you enjoy these blondie bars in the comments. Enjoy!
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today. Click on Cream Cheese Swirled Blondies for the full recipe.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.