Game worthy baked brown sugar chicken wings that are a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet. Your fans will go crazy for these wings!
Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings are the ultimate game day food. I love any kind of food you can pick up with your fingers like these Vegetable Pinwheels or Chicken Empanadas. These baked chicken wings are always a huge hit with the fans.
HOW TO MAKE BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN WINGS
- To get your chicken crispy you want to set your oven at a high heat, 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. This helps with easier cleanup.
- Add chicken wings to a large bowl or large zip bag. Pour in olive oil and spices. Combine until all of the wings are coated.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to flip them half way through the baking process.
While the chicken wings are baking, make the dip by stirring together mayo, ketchup, seasoned salt and vinegar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
These wings are delicious combination of sweet and spicy. Great for entertaining guests or as a dinner.
MORE GAME DAY FOOD
Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings
Slightly sweet and spicy wings served with a creamy dipping sauce.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Preaheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large freezer bag or large bowl, combine wings, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic pepper, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, and salt.
- Put wings on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turn them after 15 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, combine ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegar and season salt to make dipping sauce.
- Serve wings with sauce.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1071mg | Potassium: 226mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Tried this recipe?Follow me @foodlovinfamily or tag #foodlovinfamily!
Thanks! I actually made them with garlic powder, still quite delicious! I will have to try with garlic pepper next time.
Hi what is garlic pepper? Do you mean garlic powder?
You can find garlic pepper in the spice aisle. I use McCormick brand. Garlic pepper is a blend of dried garlic and coarse ground black pepper. Hope you enjoy!
Ruth Ann Newnum
I don’t think the portions are right in the recipe that provided What are the correct measurements for 2 lbs of chicken wings. What I mixed up didn’t look like you picture and was very thick. Please advise
Hi Ruth Ann, this is the recipe I have used many times. Does it look like you have too little or too much of the spice mixture? In the picture I really had the brown sugar mixed in and not to clumpy so not sure if that is why yours might look a little thicker?
Ruth Ann Newnum
I tripled the recipe and had enough for 28 single pieces also I cut the sauce recipe in half and had plenty. The wings were VERY GOOD and was enjoyed by all. Thanks
Sound great!! Thanks Ruth Ann!
D W R
Wings sound GREAT!
Thank you! Hope you enjoy them!