It doesn’t get any easier than one pan. This one pan cheesy quinoa with turkey kielbasa is full of flavor with turkey kielbasa, tomatoes with green chilies, broccoli and CHEESE.
If you are looking for a quick and flavorful meal with minimal cleanup, you have come to the right place today. This one pan cheesy quinoa and turkey kielbasa meal was created because I DO NOT LIKE DOING DISHES. I love to cook, I am just not a big fan of the cleanup afterwards. Some nights I will stare at my sink full of dishes and debate if I should suck it up and clean them or just wait till the morning 🙂 My mom is cringing right now.
That is why one pan dishes are the best. Throw everything in a pan and a few minutes later dinner is ready. We have been trying to watch our carb intake, so I made this with quinoa. Start by cooking the turkey kielbasa and onion in the pan. Once they start to brown, add garlic and then quinoa, broth, tomatoes and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the cover and then for the best part, mix in the cheese.
This meal makes a great weeknight dinner for the family even the kids love it!
Be sure to follow Food Lovin Family on Pinterest for more great ideas and recipes.
One Pan Cheesy Quinoa with Turkey Kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can ROTEL tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 package turkey kielbasa
- 1 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- diced green onion for garnish
- Place a large saute pan over medium high heat and add olive oil. Add onions and kielbasa. Cook until lightly browned and then add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ROTEL tomatoes, broccoli, broth, and quinoa. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese. Garish with diced green onions.