Red White and Blue Trifles are an easy, no bake patriotic dessert. Made in jars, they are easy to transport to summer parties.
Summer is here and the 4th of July is around the corner. Time for BBQ, Fireworks and Family gathering. To celebrate, I took my yum yum pie recipe and dressed it up in these mason jars to make Red White and Blue trifles. They are no bake and perfectly portable for your summer holiday party. Plus food in a jar is just plain fun!
How To Make Red, White and Blue Trifles
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar to make a crumbly layer.
- Beat together cream cheese, Dream Whip and milk for the creamy layer.
- Layer crumbs, cream cheese mixture, cherries and blueberries and then end with crumb mixture.
- To crush the graham crackers I use my food processor. Placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing with a rolling pin also works well.
- Be sure to whip the cream cheese mixture until it is nice and creamy.
- I find the Dream Whip on the boxed pudding aisle.
- Make sure cream cheese is softened for easy mixing.
- Add some ribbon and flags for festive flair.
More Mason Jar Recipes You Might Enjoy
Red White and Blue Trifles
Easy, no bake red white and blue trifles.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packs Dream Whip (1 box)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Using a mixer, beat together cream cheese, Dream Whip and milk. Beat until thick and creamy, usually about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the graham cracker mixture in the bottom of Mason jars and then layer cream cheese mixture, cherry pie filling, cream cheese mixture, blueberry pie filling and then top with graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Optional: Add festive decorations or sprinkles to the jars. Refrigerate before serving.
Calories: 687kcal | Carbohydrates: 102g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1110IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 2.1mg
Tried this recipe?Follow me @foodlovinfamily or tag #foodlovinfamily!
Leave a Reply