Lemon Blueberry Parfait
May 29, 2016, Updated Jul 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Blueberry Trifle layers of lemon cake, blueberry pie filling, and cream are assembled in Mason jars to make a delicious and portable dessert.
Remember these cute little Red Velvet Trifles from the holidays? Today, I have an amazing summertime version using blueberry pie filling and lemon cake all layered up in some Mason jars.
Blueberry Lemon Parfait is the perfect Summer time dessert!
I have been a little off the grid this past week. My mom was in town visiting while Jay was away for work. We attempted to get my house organized before the summer started and also painted two rooms, Ava’s and my office. It has been about 1 year since we have been in this house now so I thought it was about time to really start settling in and making it feel more homey. While we were working, mom and I talked about what some of our favorite summer time desserts are and she reminded me of this one. She had made this blueberry trifle many years ago for my sister’s bridal shower and everyone raved about this delicious dessert.
What is Lemon Blueberry Trifle?
I love how easy these trifles are to make. Bake a standard boxed lemon cake and tear or cube it up into small pieces. While the cake is baking, mix together the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Open up a can of blueberry pie filling and then you can start assembling.
How to make a Blueberry Parfait
For this trifle I used Mason jars, actually I think mine are just jelly jars, but you can use a trifle bowl, or small glass, whatever you have on hand. Mason jars are great because they are portable making them perfect to bring on a picnic or to a party and quite frankly, who doesn’t love a Mason jar.
How to assemble Blueberry Lemon Trifle
Now, for the layers, start with blueberry pie filling on the bottom, then cake, cream and repeat. That is it, all done! Put the trifles in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. I am making these for a Memorial Day party we are attending but they would be great for any summer party.
Mason Jar Blueberry Trifle
- 2 21 oz cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 box lemon cake mix made and baked according to box directions
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Prepare lemon cake mix according to box. Once cooled, cut the cake into small cubes.
- In a mixer, mix together Cool Whip, cream cheese and sugar on medium speed. Mix until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- You can make these trifles in a small cup, mason jar, or trifle bowl.
- Add a layer of blueberry pie filling on bottom of container. Next, add a layer of cake cubes, then a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Continuing layering until you have reached the top.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.