No-bake Key Lime Trifle is a beautiful layered dessert that is great for any occasion. Fresh Key limes gives this dessert an amazing, fresh flavor.
Trifles are a wonderful dessert to serve your guests especially in the Spring and Summer. You can serve them in a large glass bowl or in individual jars. This dessert is also extremely easy to assemble making them perfect for entertaining.
- Dixie Crystals Sugar – This will be used for the graham cracker layer.
- Graham crackers- Any graham crackers will work. We will be crushing them for one of the layers.
- Butter – I use unsalted butter.
- Cream Cheese – I prefer to use original cream cheese but you could also use 1/3 less fat.
- Dream Whip – This comes in a box. You can find it in where the boxes of pudding are located. You will use the 2 pouches in the box for this recipe.
- Key Limes – The juice and zest of these limes is the key ingredient to this trifle.
How to make Key lime trifle
- Mix together crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar.
- Mix together ingredients for Key lime creme.
- Layer graham cracker mixture and cream mixture into individual jars or a trifle bowl. Finish with the cream layer and then sprinkle on crushed graham cracker and Key lime zest.
Click Here for the full recipe.
What is the difference between a lime and Key lime?
To start, Key limes typically have more seeds and are smaller. Their juice is more aromatic and tart than a regular lime. If you can’t find Key limes, you can use a regular lime but I recommend adding a little lemon juice as well.
Tips for making the perfect Key Lime Trifles
- Make sure to let the cream cheese thaw before mixing. This helps make it creamy.
- I like to make the Key Lime cream layer first and then keep in the refrigerator while I am preparing the graham crackers. This give the cream time to infuse with the lime flavor.
- Squeeze the lime juice over a strainer or in a juicer to avoid getting seeds in the cream.
What is the difference between a Trifle and a Parfait?
Trifles are typically made with a cream filling and crumbled cookies, or cake. Parfaits are typically made with frozen custard or ice cream.
How long can a this trifle be refrigerated?
These Key Lime Trifles are good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also make them a day ahead of time.
If you are in the mood for a cool, no-bake dessert this summer be sure to try these tasty trifles!
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystasl today. Click on No-Bake Key Lime Trifle for the full recipe.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Leave a Reply