Red Velvet Cake Trifle
Dec 16, 2015, Updated Jul 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Red velvet trifle is made easy by using a boxed cake mix, cream cheese, and frozen whipped topping. A festive and delicious treat that is perfect for the holiday season.
This Red Velvet Trifle recipe is so good!
This semi-homemade recipe is a wonderful easy dessert recipe. Using a boxed red velvet cake mix helps to make this recipe simple to but together. It’s delicious any time of year but really works well for a Christmas dessert or Valentine’s day dessert.
Red Velvet Trifle Recipe Ingredients
- Red velvet cake mix – You will need the cake mix plus ingredients on the box mix.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar
- Cool Whip – Frozen whipped topping.
- Cream cheese – Softened cream cheese.
- Whipped cream – Used for a topping.
- Optional – Sprinkles
How to make Trifle Cups
- Step one – Prepare the cake according to
How to store Trifle in a Cup
Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. After that it starts to get soggy.
Red Velvet Trifle Recipe
- 1 box red velvet cake mix- plus ingredients needed on the box mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- whipped cream
- Prepare red velvet cake according to box. Once cooled, cut the cake into small cubes.
- In a mixer, mix together cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar on medium speed. Mix about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- You can make these trifles in small cups or a large trifle bowl. Cover the bottom of the bowl with cake cubes. Add a layer of the cool whip mixture. Add another layer of cake cubes and then finish with the cool whip layer.
- Add whip cream on top of the trifle and then sprinkles.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.