Rainbow Mini Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Buttercream Clouds
Feb 18, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Rainbow mini bundt cakes are so colorful and make a great addition to St. Patrick’s Day or party. Make with cake mix, food coloring and a side of cloud frosting. They will leave everyone feeling lucky!
Rainbow Mini Bundt Cakes make fun individual desserts for any party and especially St. Patrick’s day. They are easy to whip up and will leave a big impression on all of your guests.
The kids wanted to make something for the little leprechauns they are hoping will leave them some chocolate gold coins and I thought rainbow mini bundt cakes with marshmallow cloud frosting would be a great treat for the green guys.
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW CAKE
- Begin by preparing the cake batter. I used a yellow cake mix for mine but white cake mix would be great too!
- Separate the cake mix into 6 bowls and add the food color gel to each bowl. (Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple)
- You can add each color batter mix to a sandwich bag, cut the tip and pipe in the bundt molds, but I just used a tablespoon and it worked fine.
- Layer each color on top of the other to make the rainbow. This gives such a fun effect when you cut into the cake. All of the pretty colors just makes me smile.
To serve the beautiful little cakes, I added a few dollops of marshmallow buttercream. You could also serve with whipped cream, ice cream or nothing at all.
- 1 small container marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
Beat together with electric mixer.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
Rainbow Mini Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Cloud Buttercream
- 1 white or yellow box cake mix
- Ingredients on the box mine had eggs, oil, and water
- red orange, yellow, green, blue, purple food coloring gel
- 1/2 jar 13 oz marshmallow cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare mini bundt cake pan by coating with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to box and the divide into 6 small bowls.
- For each bowl of cake batter, mix in one of the food colors/gel.
- Put one tablespoon of red batter in the mini bundt cake molds.
- Next top with one tablespoon of orange batter, then one tablespoon of yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For marshmallow buttercream, cream together butter and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until frosting consistency.
- Add marshmallow cream and mix about 2 minutes.
- Serve buttercream alongside cakes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.