Keto Snack Box
Mar 10, 2020, Updated Aug 09, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Keto snack box can be prepped ahead for an easy grab and go snack or meal. Filled with protein and veggies, this meal can be easily customized.
We have been trying to eat low carb meals now that summer is fast approaching. Having premade snacks ready to go in the refrigerator has been a life saver when it comes to wanting something to eat in a hurry.
When you are eating low carb, I would recommend having pre-chopped veggies and cheese in your refrigerator at all times. We also like to make a big batch of hard boiled eggs to have during the week.
Having high quality food ready to be eaten is a key to success when trying to avoid high carbohydrate, processed food.
What is Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet is high in fat and low in carb. It typically consists of 75% fat and 20% protein and 50 grams of carbohydrates or less per day.
The goal is to reach a state of ketosis through fat metabolism. When your body is in a ketogenic state, it uses fat for energy.
Sliced turkey – You can use your favorite meat like ham, roast beef , beef jerky or chicken for this meal.
Cucumbers – I love cucumbers but you could also use green bell pepper, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Hard boiled eggs – These are great to have in the refrigerator for a source of protein.
Tomatoes – Even though they are actually a fruit, tomatoes are Keto friendly and are a great source of lycopene.
Cheese – Pick your favorite cheese. I love cheddar or mozzarella.
How to make
Dice up cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes. Add sliced turkey, hard boiled eggs, veggies and cheese to meal prep containers.
If you would like to add more healthy fat to these boxes, try adding half of an avocado or a fat bomb like this one.
Other options to add to snack boxes
There are many different items you could add to this meal prep kit. Here are a few options that would work for low carb meals.
- Cooked Bacon
- Macadamia Nuts
- Pumpkin Seeds
Tips for Keto snacking
- Take time to meal prep. I like doing mine on Sunday to get ready for the week but choose a day that you can clean, chop, and package quality food ready for you to eat.
- Try sticking with healthy fats, lean protein, and non-starchy vegetables as much as possible.
You may need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being a part of Food Lovin’ Family.
I love using these meal prep containers. They wash up great and are super durable.
More low carb recipes
- Tuna Salad Meal Prep – Tuna salad and veggies make this a great lunch for the week.
- Chicken Salad Meal Prep – I like making this on Sunday to have for the week.
- Egg Salad – Another great low carb option for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ham Salad – Use up that leftover ham for this flavorful meal.
- Keto Egg Bowls – A hot meal that is full of protein.
- Keto Breakfast Casserole – Filled with ham and vegetables. Makes great leftovers!
- 60 Keto Air Fryer Recipes – A collection of air fryer keto recipes.
***If you made this recipe, please be sure to give it a star rating below.
Keto Snack Box
- 6 pieces of sliced turkey breast 2-3 pieces per container
- 2 hard boiled egg, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomato, cut in half
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup cubed mild cheddar cheese
- Add 2-3 pieces of turkey, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumbers and 1/2 cup cheese to each meal prep container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post has been updated 3/10/2020.