French Toast Bacon Casserole
Nov 21, 2017, Updated Mar 27, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
French toast bacon casserole makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch to serve family and friends. Sweet and savory, this dish is a treat for everyone.
French toast bacon casserole is a meal I love to make during the holiday season. It is easy to prepare and I know that everyone will enjoy its sweet and savory flavor.
We seem to have a string of visitors staying with us this time of year so my kitchen is always hopping. I have always enjoyed cooking for and with my family and friends. It is a way for us to connect and spend time with each other. That is why I insist on people staying with us because that means more opportunity to share my love of cooking and food all day long, not just dinner.
The star of this casserole is the bacon. I love using hand-selected & hand-trimmed Wright® Brand Bacon. They use the best cut of meat for this high quality bacon. It is thick-sliced and naturally smoked with wood chips for amazing flavor.
How to make French Toast Bacon Casserole
To make this casserole, start by dicing up the bacon and cooking in a skillet. I like to place the cooked bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess grease. Spread the cubed bread in a prepared casserole dish and then sprinkle with half of the bacon pieces.
Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the bread and bacon. Cover the casserole dish and refrigerate. If you want to make the casserole on the same day, let it refrigerate for at least two hours. You can also refrigerate it overnight to bake the next morning. When you are ready to bake, mix up the crumb topping and sprinkle over the casserole. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and bake.
Wright® Brand Bacon products are perfect for all cooking occasions and all holiday season long. I could add bacon to everything like using it in stuffing, casseroles, quiches, and even chocolate dipped bacon. This holiday season, Wright® Brand Bacon products are inspiring shoppers to try something new for the table, helping transform the dishes hosts can make, bring or pass on as a gift.
More Breakfast Recipes
French Toast Bacon Casserole
- 1 loaf French brioche bread french, challah, or sourdough bread are other great options
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbls vanilla
- 12 slices Wright® Brand bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbls cold butter, diced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- syrup, optional
- In a large skillet, cook diced bacon until browned and cooked through. Place bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease.
- Cut or tear bread into small cubes. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in the casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the bacon pieces over the bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread and bacon. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir butter into flour mixture. Using the back of a fork, mix butter with the mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over the casserole and then top with remaining bacon pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.