Buffalo Chicken Bowls
Sep 15, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Bowls are delicious and nutritious meals that are perfect for making ahead and assembling just before serving for lunch or dinner. Get creative and mix and match your favorite toppings and ingredients to suit your preferences!
Reduce recipe time by preparing the rice and chicken the day before, leaving you with the
simple task of adding fresh veggies to each bowl, a drizzle of tangy Ranch dressing, and a
crumble of creamy blue cheese.
These easy buffalo chicken rice bowls are satisfying on their own but you could also add a side of garlic bread. If you love healthy and tasty bowls, be sure to check out these Chicken bowls, Jerk Chicken Bowls, Poke Bowls, and Breakfast Bowls.
Super easy: Simply prepare the ingredients and then add them to each serving bowl with your choice of dressing and toppings.
Healthy: Buffalo chicken bowls are high in nutritional value, offering high protein, energizing
carbohydrates, and a balance of fats.
Versatile: Easily customize the ingredients for these buffalo chicken bowls to suit your
preferences and dietary needs.
Meal prep: These chicken bowls are great for meal prepping, allowing you to get ahead of the busy week and ensure that lunch boxes are filled or family meals are taken care of!
- Chicken – Leftover shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken, or slow-cooker buffalo chicken are great options for buffalo chicken bowls. Turkey is a good substitute.
- Buffalo sauce – This is used to coat the chicken for a delicious buttery and spicy flavor. Feel free to use your favorite store-bought buffalo sauce or make your own by following my Buffalo Sauce Recipe here!
- Veggies – I’ve used red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn in these healthy bowls.
- Rice – The rice provides volume to this dish, keeping you feeling fuller for longer. White rice or brown rice works well.
- Ranch dressing – Drizzle your favorite brand of Ranch dressing over these bowls or make your own Buffalo Ranch Dressing.
- Blue cheese crumbles– Perfect for crumbling over the assembled buffalo chicken bowls. Soft feta or goat cheese can also be used.
How to make buffalo chicken bowls
Step 1: Prepare the rice if cooking from scratch and wash and cut the veggies.
Step 2: Heat up the cooked chicken in a pan on medium-low heat. Add the buffalo sauce and stir until coated well and warmed through. **Note: You could also use cold shredded chicken with buffalo sauce if you prefer a cold salad.
Step 3: Assemble these buffalo chicken bowls by making a bed of rice in a bowl, veggies, and chicken to the serving bowls, followed by a drizzle of Ranch dressing and a sprinkling of blue cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Low-carb – For a low-carb version, use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
Protein – Add shredded or cubed cooked turkey that may be leftover from Thanksgiving.
Dressing – Blue cheese dressing can be added to the drizzle of Ranch dressing or used as a delicious substitute. You could also use avocado lime ranch.
Cheese – Crumble soft feta or goat cheese over the chicken bowls if you don’t enjoy blue cheese.
Other – Other add-ins could include shredded carrots, black beans, shredded lettuce, bag of cabbage, and grated cheese.
- The chicken with buffalo sauce can be assembled the night or the day before and heated just before assembling the bowls.
- Any extra buffalo chicken can be used on these Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches!
- If you want to make a batch of buffalo chicken for sandwich fillers and healthy bowls, follow this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe.
- Easily double or triple this recipe when catering to a larger crowd.
How to store
Store: You can make these into meal prep bowls by placing them into separate airtight containers. They will last 3 days.
More buffalo chicken recipes
Buffalo Chicken Bowls
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or diced chicken
- 2 cups arugula or lettuce
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Cook rice according to the package directions. Make a bed of rice in 4 different bowls.
- Combine shredded chicken and buffalo sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and arugula on rice. Top with blue cheese and ranch dressing to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.