Apple Danish Pie, cinnamon sugar spiced crescent roll layered with cream cheese, apple pie filling and topped with icing.
Apple danish pie is a cross between a danish and a pie. This recipe only requires a few ingredients to make these tasty treats.
Apple pie is a classic dessert and one of my all-time favorites. The addition of a cream cheese/powdered sugar layer puts a danish twist on this classic. These danish pies are really a great dessert all year round but I especially like making them in the fall when the weather starts to cool off. If you want to go all out, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Tips for making apple danish pie:
- Take the crescent triangles and roll them into a ball before you roll them out into flat circles. Make sure to roll out on a floured surface so the dough does not stick.
- Pour the apple pie filling into a bowl and use a knife to cut the apples into smaller bites. This makes it a little easier to eat and to fit into the ramekins.
- Once you are ready to bake, place the ramekins on a baking sheet to make it easier to remove from oven.
- I like making these in ramekins so everyone has their own personal pie. You don’t have to share!
- This recipe also works well with peach, cherry and blueberry pie filling.
Looking for more apple recipes?
- Apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups
- Fresh Apple Cake with Butterscotch Chips
- Turkey Apple Sandwich
- Chocolate and caramel covered apple slices
Apple Danish Pie
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for glaze
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles. Roll each triangle into a ball and then on a lightly floured surface, roll 4 of the balls into 5-inch circles and the other 4 balls into 4-inch circles. Sprinkle the tops of each circle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place each 5-inch circle in the bottom of each ramekin. Press the dough on the bottom and part way up the sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on top of dough in each ramekin.
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl. Using a knife, cut the apples into smaller pieces. Place 2-3 tablespoons of apple pie filling on top of cream cheese.
- Place 4-inch circles on top of apples pie filling and cut a small slit on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Drizzle glaze on top once they have finished baking.