Apple Danish Pie
Oct 26, 2017, Updated Mar 27, 2019
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple Danish Pie, cinnamon sugar spiced crescent roll layered with cream cheese, apple pie filling and topped with icing.
Apple danish pie is a cross between a danish and a pie. This recipe only requires a few ingredients to make these tasty treats.
Apple pie is a classic dessert and one of my all-time favorites. The addition of a cream cheese/powdered sugar layer puts a danish twist on this classic. These danish pies are really a great dessert all year round but I especially like making them in the fall when the weather starts to cool off. If you want to go all out, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Tips for making apple danish pie:
- Take the crescent triangles and roll them into a ball before you roll them out into flat circles. Make sure to roll out on a floured surface so the dough does not stick.
- Pour the apple pie filling into a bowl and use a knife to cut the apples into smaller bites. This makes it a little easier to eat and to fit into the ramekins.
- Once you are ready to bake, place the ramekins on a baking sheet to make it easier to remove from oven.
- I like making these in ramekins so everyone has their own personal pie. You don’t have to share!
- This recipe also works well with peach, cherry and blueberry pie filling.
Looking for more apple recipes?
- Apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups
- Fresh Apple Cake with Butterscotch Chips
- Turkey Apple Sandwich
- Chocolate and caramel covered apple slices
Apple Danish Pie
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for glaze
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles. Roll each triangle into a ball and then on a lightly floured surface, roll 4 of the balls into 5-inch circles and the other 4 balls into 4-inch circles. Sprinkle the tops of each circle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place each 5-inch circle in the bottom of each ramekin. Press the dough on the bottom and part way up the sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on top of dough in each ramekin.
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl. Using a knife, cut the apples into smaller pieces. Place 2-3 tablespoons of apple pie filling on top of cream cheese.
- Place 4-inch circles on top of apples pie filling and cut a small slit on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Mix together powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Drizzle glaze on top once they have finished baking.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.