Apple Cider Pancakes
Sep 27, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. All opinions are my own.
Apple cider pancakes are a tasty twist on a breakfast favorite. Fluffy homemade pancakes are infused with apple cider and topped with an amazing apple and cinnamon topping.
Pancakes are one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. There are so many ways to change up the traditional pancake recipe like these strawberry cheesecake pancakes, pecan praline pancakes and these fall inspired apple cider pancakes.
These pancakes are made even more special by topping them with easy cooked cinnamon apples. Rich brown sugar is cooked with butter, diced apples and cinnamon to add even more amazing apple flavor.
You can get the full recipe at Dixie Crystals. Get the complete list of ingredients and directions at Dixie Crystals Apple Cider Pancakes.
This list includes ingredients for both the pancakes and the topping.
Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt – Basic dry ingredients for the pancakes. You can also substitute with whole wheat flour.
Apple pie spice – Could also replace with just cinnamon.
Sugar – Granulated sugar like Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Sugar.
Apple cider – Room temperature apple cider.
Buttermilk – The acid in buttermilk reacts with the baking soda to help achieve fluffy pancakes.
Eggs – 2 eggs are needed.
Vanilla extract – Adds a little extra sweetness and rich flavor.
Apples – Use your favorite apple like a Honeycrisp or Gala. Dice into small cubes.
Brown sugar – Light brown sugar like Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar.
Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon is needed for the apples. You could substitute with apple pie spice mix.
Butter – Unsalted, sweet cream butter.
How to make apple cider pancakes
Get the full recipe and ingredients at Dixie Crystals.
- Apple Topping: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon and apples. Stir until sugar dissolves and starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pancakes: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, apple cider, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle or skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle batter on heated griddle and cook pancakes until bubble appear. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve pancakes topped with apple cinnamon topping.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Be sure not to overmix the pancakes. Overmixing can cause them to be tough. Stir just until combined. There will be a few lumps.
- Flip the pancakes once you start to see bubbles. Once you flip, don’t press down with the spatula because that will flatten them out.
- Try adding a dollop of whipped cream to the apple topping for a little something extra.
How to store
Store the apple topping and pancakes in separate containers. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat the pancakes in the microwave for about 30 seconds or on the stove in a skillet. The apple topping can also be reheated in the microwave or on the stove.
These can also be frozen to eat later. They will stay good for up to 3 months. Cook the pancakes and then place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they have frozen, place in a freezer safe container.
Get the full recipe at Dixie Crystals. Let me know if you made them in the comments below.
More breakfast recipes
***Food Lovin’ Family has a relationship with Dixie Crystals for developing recipes. This post has been sponsored and compensated. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.