Skillet Hamburger Casserole can be made in 30 minutes. Made with hamburger, pasta, diced tomatoes and cheese, this meal is always a family favorite.
There are several tasty hamburger recipes on FLF like the popular cheesy hamburger rice casserole. This ground beef casserole is another classic that we love to make because it is quick, easy and so good!
How to make hamburger casserole
This casserole is a little different than the beef pasta casserole because it’s made in a skillet instead of baked in the oven.
Start by cooking the pasta. I love using the large elbow pasta but most any pasta shape will do for this hamburger recipe. Sprinkle some salt in the boiling pasta water to add some flavor to the pasta.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. I know this recipe says hamburger but you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
Once the beef has browned, drain off any excess grease. Stir in onions and peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes with green chilis (I use mild Rotel) and then stir in cooked pasta. Give everything a good stir and then top with some cheddar cheese. You can also top with some diced green onion or a little fresh parsley for some color.
More Hamburger Recipes
Skillet Hamburger Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 oz large elbow pasta
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain excess grease and season meat with salt and pepper.
- Stir in diced onion and peppers. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in tomatoes and stir.
- Stir in pasta and cheese. Serve hot.