Hot Honey Wings Sauce
Sep 27, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you like sweet and spicy flavors and a mouthwatering kick in every bite, then you need to try this hot honey wings sauce. This homemade spicy wing sauce is just what you need for a game day feast or a fun meal at home. Sweet and spicy hot honey sauce is sure to become a favorite!
Hot honey wing sauce is a delicious combination of spicy and sweet flavors. The sweetness of the honey balances the spiciness of hot sauce.
Why you should try this sauce
- Flavor packed – This sauce combines sweet, salty, and spicy perfect to make the best hot honey chicken wings.
- Fast – You can make this in about 5 minutes.
- Versatile – Not just for chicken wings, this can be used for other things like chicken tender, popcorn chicken, over roasted vegetables, and more.
Just 3 simple ingredients you probably already have are needed to make this recipe.
- Butter – I like using unsalted butter but you can use salted butter if you prefer the taste.
- Honey – Use your favorite honey to add sweetness to the sauce.
- Hot sauce – I am using Tabasco hot sauce but feel free to use your favorite like Cholula hot sauce or even Franks Red Hot Sauce. ***Tabasco is on the spicier side so you might want to opt for one of the others if you want to cut back on the heat.
How to make hot honey wings sauce
Step one: Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl or in a saucepan on the stove.
Step two: Stir in hot sauce and honey until completely combined.
Step three: Use as a dip or toss with your favorite chicken wings.
How to use hot honey sauce
This makes a great dipping sauce or a glaze for chicken wings. It also pairs well with chicken tenders, shredded chicken, vegetables, or even popcorn shrimp.
- This sauce is on the spicy side. You can add more honey if you like sweeter wings. You could also use less hot sauce.
How to store
Store: Keep the honey wing sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You will want to heat it up in the microwave or on the stove before using. This will help melt the butter.
Did you make this hot honey wing sauce recipe? Let me know in the comments or tag me on TikTok or Instagram @foodlovinfamily.
More chicken wing recipes
Hot Honey Wing Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, about 30 seconds. You could also melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove.
- Stir in honey and hot sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Toss the sauce with cooked chicken wings or use as a dip.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.