Easy Pumpkin Hummus is a beautiful and delicious appetizer that will impress your holiday crowd. Creamy pumpkin hummus topped with roasted pumpkin seeds and bright red pomegranate seeds served with RITZ crackers.
Thank you RITZ Crackers for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
I am so excited for the holidays this year! We recently moved into a new house so we are ready to invite people over and do some entertaining.
I try to keep our celebrations simple yet festive, especially during this busy season. You can make delicious food for your guests that doesn’t have to be complicated. This pumpkin hummus is a great example. It’s packed with flavor using only a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients Needed For Easy Pumpkin Hummus:
Pumpkin Puree: Make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling. You can make your own puree or use canned.
Chickpeas: Also called Garbanzo Beans. Make sure to drain them before adding to hummus.
Olive Oil: This helps to thin out the hummus. I use a couple of tablespoons but you can add more if you like a thinner consistancy.
Tahini: Tahini is made from toasted sesame seeds. It is a main ingredient for hummus.
Garlic: Adds great flavor without overpowering.
Lemon Juice: Adds a little acidity to the dish.
Cinnamon: I like adding a little cinnamon to give a nice fall flavor.
Chili Powder: Adds a nice smokey flavor.
Honey: This gives the hummus the slightest hint of sweetness.
Optional: I love topping my hummus with roasted pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds. The green and red really gives this appetizer a holiday pop of color.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN HUMMUS
Scroll down for the full, printable recipe.
This hummus is so easy, you can make it in under 10 minutes!
- Start by adding chopped garlic, tahini, pumpkin and chickpeas to a food processor or blender. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add in spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix until desired smoothness.
- Add in honey and do one last quick mix.
- Transfer pumpkin hummus to a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, roasted pumpkin and pomegranate seeds.
HOW TO SERVE EASY PUMPKIN HUMMUS
These are all great to use for hummus dippers:
- RITZ Crackers – Walmart is currently offering a Rollback on the Family Size RITZ crackers. This is a great way to save for the holidays!
- Wheat Thins
- Triscuit Crackers
- Cut up veggies or sliced apples
TIPS FOR THE BEST PUMPKIN HUMMUS
- If you prefer your hummus to be a thinner consistency, you can add a little bit of the aquafaba (the leftover juice from the chickpea can) into the hummus mixture. Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired thickness.
- Be sure to use a good food processor or high powered blender to blend the hummus.
- If you want to add a little heat, sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
*** Don’t forget to stop by your local Walmart to take advantage of their Rollback pricing of $2.98 on family size RITZ crackers this holiday season.
This pumpkin hummus is a great way to kick off the holiday season! Try it for your next party or even as a snack for home.
More Holiday Recipe You Might Enjoy
***If you make this recipe please be sure to give it a star rating below.
Easy Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- optional: roasted pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds
- Place chickpeas, pumpkin, garlic and tahini in food processor or blender. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add in spices, olive oil, honey and lemon juice. Blend until desired consistency. If you would like the hummus thinner, add in one tablespoon of aquafaba from chickpea can into mixture.
- Place in serving dish and top with roasted pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds.