Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Jan 08, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of our favorite party foods are these buffalo ranch chicken sliders. They are AHHHmazing! These sliders are great to make for a little “party for dinner” night, or for a crowd. You can put these sliders together quickly and you can even make them the night before and bake them the next day. Shredded chicken combined with a buffalo ranch sauce and melted cheese on top of a toasted roll. If you like the taste of buffalo chicken wings dipped in creamy ranch, you will LOVE these sandwiches.
The best easy buffalo chicken sliders
We always seem to have a pack of Hawaiian rolls in our pantry to snack on or make mini sandwiches. One of my favorite ways to eat them is topped with buffalo chicken and melted cheese. This combination makes the perfect slider!
Why we love this slider recipe
- Flavorful: Spicy, tangy, sweet, so many flavors join together to make this tasty recipe.
- Perfect party food: These tiny sandwiches are great for parties, gatherings, game days and more.
- Customizable: Easy to control the ingredients. Like a super spicy sandwich? Add more buffalo sauce. Don’t want cheese? Leave it off. You are the boss.
What ingredients you need for buffalo ranch chicken sliders
- Hawaiian rolls – I like using King’s Hawaiian original rolls but feel free to use your favorite.
- Chicken – This is a great recipe to use shredded rotisserie chicken or make your own shredded chicken at home.
- Buffalo wing sauce – I am using Frank’s Buffalo Sauce. You can use your favorite brand or make your own buffalo sauce at home.
- Cheese – Use a cheese that melts well like provolone, cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, Swiss cheese, or American cheese. You can use sliced or shredded cheese.
- Ranch dressing – Store bought works fine or a homemade ranch dressing. You could also use blue cheese dressing.
- Garlic powder – This adds a little extra flavor to the buttered rolls.
- Butter – Melted butter is brushed over the top of the rolls for delicious buttery flavor.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Step one: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or use a baking dish. Spray with non-stick spray.
Step two: Rolls – Use a large serrated knife to slice the rolls in half. Take the tops off and set aside.
Step three: Chicken – Start by mixing the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing together. Pour over the shredded chicken and toss to fully coat the chicken. Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture on top of the bottom halves of the rolls.
Step four: Cheese -Top the chicken with the slices of cheese. Place the top of the rolls on top of the cheese.
Step five: Butter – Stir together the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush the top of the rolls with the butter. Cover the rolls with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 2-5 minutes.
Step six: Serve them fresh out of the oven when they are warm.
How to store
Store: Keep any leftover sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be reheated in the oven at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Make ahead: If you would like to make these sliders ahead of time, stir the shredded chicken together with the buffalo sauce and ranch. Keep that in an airtight container and then use when ready to make the sliders and serve.
What to serve with chicken sliders
These little chicken sandwiches go well with a variety of sides like fries, onion rings, celery sticks, carrot sticks, roasted veggies, or a salad. You could even add a little slaw on top of the sandwich for crunch.
More buffalo chicken recipes
- 31 Amazing buffalo chicken recipes
- Buffalo chicken bowls
- Buffalo chicken wraps
- Buffalo chicken pasta bake
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1 package original King's Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 count
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 6 pieces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. You could also use a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buffalo sauce and the ranch dressing.
- Pour shredded chicken into a large bowl. Pour in the sauce mixture. Stir to fully coat the chicken.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the Hawaiian rolls in half. Separate the top halves from the bottom.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly over the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with the sliced cheese.
- Place the tops on the rolls. Mix together the garlic powder with melted butter. Brush the melted butter over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover the rolls with foil, bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake another 2-5 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.