Cinco de Mayo Menu Inspiration- Recipes to help you celebrate. Drinks, Appetizers, Meals and Desserts to inspire you this holiday.
I am a huge fan of any and all foods Mexican and Tex-Mex inspired. If my husband and I get away for a date night, I always choose our local Mexican restaurant. I will be celebrating with a few of these yummy recipes on my Cinco de Mayo Menu. Hope you enjoy!
Cinco de Mayo Menu Drinks
Start off the evening with one of these refreshing Mexican drinks. Any one of these would be the perfect addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu.
- Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita – The Blond Cook
- Blueberry Basil Margarita – Domestic Superhero
- Skinny Margaritas – Well Plated
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas – Living Locurto
- Mexican Sunsets – Real Housemoms
- Coconut Lime Margarita – Noble Pig
- Pink Senorita – Superman Cooks
- Strawberry Mango Agua Fresca – Dinner At The Zoo
- Blueberry Agua Fresca – Diethood
- Skinny Tequila Squeeze – Little Bits Of
- Tequila Limeade – Mantitlement
- Strawberry Basil Margarita – Domestic Superhero
Cinco de Mayo Menu Appetizers
The California Avocado Commission reports that 81 million pounds of avocados are consumed on May 5th!! This means lots of guacamole on the Cinco de Mayo menu!! Here are a few of my favorite appetizers.
- 5 minute restaurant salsa – The Chunky Chef
- Watermelon Salsa – The Gunny Sack
- Mexican Corn Dip – Damn Delicious
- Easy Restaurant Style White Queso Dip – The Cookie Rookie
- Loaded Cowboy Queso – The Cookie Rookie
- Spicy Guacamole – Natasha’s Kitchen
- Perfect Guacamole – Gimme Some Oven
- The Best Seven Layer Bean Dip – Pretty Providence
- Easy Chicken Empanadas – Food Lovin’ Family
- Crispy Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos – Carlsbad Cravings
Cinco De Mayo Menu Main Meal
All of these main course meals will have your fiesta poppin. Flavorful and delicious, they are sure to satisfy.
- Margarita Chicken Fajitas – Food Lovin’ Family
- Chicken Fajita Layered Salad – Food Lovin’ Family
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – Domestic Superhero
- Homemade CrunchWrap Supreme – Cooking with Janica
- Blackened Fish Tacos – Foodie Crush
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas – No. 2 Pencil
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers – Julia’s Album
- Best Chicken Enchiladas Ever– Gimme Some Oven
- Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos – Six Sister Stuff
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken – Carlsbad Cravings
- Smothered Baked Chicken Burrito – Carlsbad Cravings
Cinco de Mayo Menu Dessert
You have to round our your Cinco de Mayo menu with some festive desserts. From fried ice cream to churro cupcakes, you are sure to find something to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Easy Mexican Fried Ice Cream – House of Yumm
- Homemade Churros – Dessert Inspired
- The Best and Easiest Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars – The Domestic Rebel
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies – Food Lovin’ Family
- Margarita Cupcakes – To Be Thode
- Mexican Wedding Cookies – Cooking the Globe
- Tequila Lime Cheesecake Bars – Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Churro Cupcakes – The Domestic Rebel
- Fruit Salsa – Real Housemoms
And just for fun here are a few Cinco de Mayo Facts
Cinco de Mayo Facts
- Cinco de Mayo is an annual holiday that is celebrated May 5th. It is a celebration that recognizes the Mexican army victory over the French army in 1862.
- The Mexican army won this particular battle but did not win the war.
- This is not a holiday to celebrate Mexico’s independence.